Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
You may have a hard time finding them. I looked up the Flying D's online and they are no longer carried or listed as being available. I did find one that had sold on Ebay. Tom Rolland

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the picture and plug there Martin. It was fun to send you your tank badges, Martin lives in Bratislava in the Slovak Republic, I just like saying Bratislava:) Martin also got the large Ducati belt buckle that I make as well. Here's a link to Picasa pictures of both styles. Note, the larger buckle takes a 1 1/2 inch wide strap, but it's not suitable to use as a tank badge because of it's curvature. https://picasaweb.google.com/104860226483136410424/SilverAndBrassBuckles?authkey=Gv1sRgCJWjmryv1fzsaA I have the smaller tank badges finished and ready to go in both gold brass and solid Sterling Silver. I just got done bleeding the brakes on a 1974 Ducati 750 GT that I am getting ready to put back on the road again after sitting for 5 years for a friend. It needed the cases split to clean out the sludge traps and the heads needed complete rebuilding and the jugs had to be sleeved and new rings. If you want to contact me please email me at [email protected] This forum only allows for replies of 440 characters and so it doesn't allow me to explain every thing I need to explain if someone wants a set of tank badges. Tom Rolland

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just painted my panels. Removed the badge and custom made the new logo. It's actually black in normal light. Flakes for days!
image.jpeg

·
Registered
54 Posts
IMG_4008.JPG
what do you think to gold on black on a classic or will it clash with the silver , please advise .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've been working on a couple of alternative too. My idea is to mill from aluminium with a threaded screw hole in the middle; thus avoiding the need to attach directly to the cover with adhesive.

I'm a bit partial to the one on the bottom. Am I way off track?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Might do that kjs going try an ink pad with paint on it or a roller to apply paint I also think it might look better

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've been working on a couple of alternative too. My idea is to mill from aluminium with a threaded screw hole in the middle; thus avoiding the need to attach directly to the cover with adhesive.

You could print those of and try them from a distance ,give you a better idea all cool though to clever for me to do

·
Registered
151 Posts
Might do that kjs going try an ink pad with paint on it or a roller to apply paint I also think it might look better
A small brush would probably be pretty easy too. More time consuming, but more accurate than trying to lather it all on in one go.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A small brush would probably be pretty easy too. More time consuming, but more accurate than trying to lather it all on in one go.
I'll take that on board if make a mess can always re do it ,I wonder if a permanent felt tip would work

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'll take that on board if make a mess can always re do it ,I wonder if a permanent felt tip would work
That probably would work. Can always wipe with acetone if it doesn't look great and try something else. Hit it with a coat of clear and be done.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Two more options, I've been looking at...again, kinda partial to the one on the bottom.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

Two more options, I've been looking at...again, kinda partial to the one on the bottom.
My 2c...

First 3 I like, particularly the top one.

The ones on the panels... Well for me bin the bottom one, way to complex and a little clumsey (SORRY!? just my opinion). The top one's okay but close to what we have and may suit being a tad smaller?

81 - 100 of 140 Posts