Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Banned
132 Posts
My 2c...

First 3 I like, particularly the top one.

The ones on the panels... Well for me bin the bottom one, way to complex and a little clumsey (SORRY!? just my opinion). The top one's okay but close to what we have and may suit being a tad smaller?
Please do not pick on people. This forum is for a friendly discussion of topics. se31193 has made 99 comments & has received 52 likes. I like all of his badge designs.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Do you feel 'picked on' se31193? I doubt it very much but as it's been mentioned I shall apologise if this is the case...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you feel 'picked on' se31193? I doubt it very much but as it's been mentioned I shall apologise if this is the case...
It's a forum...free speech reigns (within reason)...and you comments are totally "within reason". No offensive taken...no need to apologize, Deano968!

I appreciate all feedback.

Jay

·
Registered
105 Posts
My 2c...First 3 I like, particularly the top one.

The ones on the panels... Well for me bin the bottom one, way to complex and a little clumsey (SORRY!? just my opinion). The top one's okay but close to what we have and may suit being a tad smaller?
Thanks for the feedback, Deano968. The top design is very similar to the Ducati's own version with a change in the typeface for Ducati. Regarding, the bottom panel one, this is a variance of a vintage Ducati Meccanica that I've always like; and you're correct it may be too complicated for the milling machine that I have at my disposal.

As you also correctly point out, I have to get the sizing right on whatever design I choose; none will look good if too small or too big.

I like what others have produced, especially Tom's; I too only want to enhance the Scrambler design/looks, and replace the flimsy, thin and all-together-too-difficult-to remove original tank badges.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

Jay

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've been working on a couple of alternative too. My idea is to mill from aluminium with a threaded screw hole in the middle; thus avoiding the need to attach directly to the cover with adhesive.

I'm a bit partial to the one on the bottom. Am I way off track?
I quite like the top one. Would it be possible to make the centre dot a hole to align with the side panel screw? The font in the third one is very suitable also. I also agree the bottom one of the additional two is a bit too busy. Nice work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I quite like the top one. Would it be possible to make the centre dot a hole to align with the side panel screw? The font in the third one is very suitable also. I also agree the bottom one of the additional two is a bit too busy. Nice work.
Thanks. Yes, my thinking from the beginning was that the emblem/badge would either have a bolt on the back side, or a hole through which the mounting bold would pass.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have the ducati meccanica bologna one with a clear background on my silver helmet. Agree its too fancy for side panels

Tony

·
Registered
17 Posts
They were made as belt buckles originally, but they come ready to mount. He provides the cut double sided tape with them. Easy install.
I just ordered mine form Tom. He seems like a great guy. So far over the past 4 days I have ordered about 2 grand worth of parts for the bike and I still haven't had the bike delivered yet. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there a possibilty to get the Side Gas Fuel Tank Cover? There are some available but fo high prices. Does anybody print them in 3D? Than you can print in the batch or the logo.

101 - 120 of 140 Posts