Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Banned
132 Posts
My 2c...

First 3 I like, particularly the top one.

The ones on the panels... Well for me bin the bottom one, way to complex and a little clumsey (SORRY!? just my opinion). The top one's okay but close to what we have and may suit being a tad smaller?
Please do not pick on people. This forum is for a friendly discussion of topics. se31193 has made 99 comments & has received 52 likes. I like all of his badge designs.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you feel 'picked on' se31193? I doubt it very much but as it's been mentioned I shall apologise if this is the case...
It's a forum...free speech reigns (within reason)...and you comments are totally "within reason". No offensive taken...no need to apologize, Deano968!

I appreciate all feedback.

Jay

·
Registered
105 Posts
My 2c...First 3 I like, particularly the top one.

The ones on the panels... Well for me bin the bottom one, way to complex and a little clumsey (SORRY!? just my opinion). The top one's okay but close to what we have and may suit being a tad smaller?
Thanks for the feedback, Deano968. The top design is very similar to the Ducati's own version with a change in the typeface for Ducati. Regarding, the bottom panel one, this is a variance of a vintage Ducati Meccanica that I've always like; and you're correct it may be too complicated for the milling machine that I have at my disposal.

As you also correctly point out, I have to get the sizing right on whatever design I choose; none will look good if too small or too big.

I like what others have produced, especially Tom's; I too only want to enhance the Scrambler design/looks, and replace the flimsy, thin and all-together-too-difficult-to remove original tank badges.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

Jay

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've been working on a couple of alternative too. My idea is to mill from aluminium with a threaded screw hole in the middle; thus avoiding the need to attach directly to the cover with adhesive.

I'm a bit partial to the one on the bottom. Am I way off track?
I quite like the top one. Would it be possible to make the centre dot a hole to align with the side panel screw? The font in the third one is very suitable also. I also agree the bottom one of the additional two is a bit too busy. Nice work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I quite like the top one. Would it be possible to make the centre dot a hole to align with the side panel screw? The font in the third one is very suitable also. I also agree the bottom one of the additional two is a bit too busy. Nice work.
Thanks. Yes, my thinking from the beginning was that the emblem/badge would either have a bolt on the back side, or a hole through which the mounting bold would pass.

101 - 120 of 148 Posts