Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 1100 the tank is Liquid Cement Grey, and ive never really been happy with it.

So whilst I’m stuck in I keep thinking about getting it resprayed but can’t decide on a colour, it would need to go in with the brown seat.

Any ideas or suggestions or has anyone already changed theirs.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Mines black so I won’t suggest that with a brown seat. Why not Ducati red with some pattern including the other colours of the Italian flag.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mines black so I won’t suggest that with a brown seat. Why not Ducati red with some pattern including the other colours of the Italian flag.
Certainly from the standard Ducati colours red would be my favourite, I think it would work with the brushed tank panels etc.
I have also thought about something completely different like a dark burnt orange but I am worried I might hate that back on the bike... I only want to do this once.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I would go for olive or green like they had on the 800 urban enduro wich would look great with the brown seat. I wonder what you'll finally go for. Also might be nice to give the area behind the tankshield a contrasting color like the sport or desertsled.
Carsifu-Ducati-Scrambler-Urban-Enduro-14.jpg

·
Registered
907 Posts
Your burnt orange sounds nice, but I would pick a complementary colour to break it up and do it in the style of the sport. I did that with my tank

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would go for olive or green like they had on the 800 urban enduro wich would look great with the brown seat. I wonder what you'll finally go for. Also might be nice to give the area behind the tankshield a contrasting color like the sport or desertsled.
View attachment 44607
Thanks Skippy olive isn’t a bad idea, but what do you mean by tankshield?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mean the aluminium brushed side panels of the tank. With the desert sled you've got a red surround and the 1100 sport has got a yellow surround.
Ah thanks I understand what you mean now.

I have quite a lot of silver on the bike and want to keep that really but also don’t want too many different colours all going on. Closer pic of tank...

·
Registered
838 Posts
Ah thanks I understand what you mean now.
View attachment 44618

I have quite a lot of silver on the bike and want to keep that really but also don’t want too many different colours all going on. Closer pic of tank...

View attachment 44619
Yes the tank pabels should stay silver but a red surround and a green tank might look really cool or a black or even the standard grey colour as a background to the alu tank panel might be cool. So green tank without the sport stripes, red background to the tank sidepanels and alu side panel.
0000244141414146416FG.jpeg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I´ve worked with picking paint/colors for all types of houses for more than 25 years. I find it easy or good strategy to have a clear vision and try to get a solid fundation for choise of color, on any surface. In this case i would try to pin the colour in one of the following mindsets.
1. Classics. Go look into the rear view mirror. Ducatis colours in past years is well founded and got that true DNA.
2. Modern. Look at whats happening right now i Bike trends. Formulate a nice paint scheme into scrambler version.
3. Personal approach. Whats your interest? Like flowers from northern Italy?...or...fancy Riva boats of the 60´s? Plenty of colours to chose from whitin your own likes. Just dont forget the original "setting"of the Bike: Italian Scrambler.

This strategy is by no means the only wright or wrong way. But it can help you to reduce and narrow number of colours needed. Perception of paint is very personal, and remember a normal human eye can read up to 10 milj. colours so there is plenty to play with in the toolbox.

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the 1100 Special and I agree the cement gray tank is a boring color. I designed a pattern incorporating the colors of the Italian flag on the side of the tank and had a local vinyl shop cut and applied it for me. It definitely makes the tank looks less boring. I still want to do something to the top of the tank but not sure what. I don’t want to overdo it though.

Instagram is @ trdsleeper

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have the 1100 Special and I agree the cement gray tank is a boring color. I designed a pattern incorporating the colors of the Italian flag on the side of the tank and had a local vinyl shop cut and applied it for me. It definitely makes the tank looks less boring. I still want to do something to the top of the tank but not sure what. I don’t want to overdo it though.

View attachment 44658
I think that looks very nice. Just enough to make the grey way less boring. I wouldn't add anything more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

View attachment 44658
I really like that stripe, it proves something needs to be done and I think the dull grey has to go. I’m leaning towards a traditional Ducati red at the moment.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I really like that stripe, it proves something needs to be done and I think the dull grey has to go. I’m leaning towards a traditional Ducati red at the moment.
I've seen a 1100 in Ducati red and the color doesn't suit it as well as the 800. Imo of course.
5db8ba9fc7d39a5c45737dc3.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Does anyone recognise this tank badge, I mean where its from etc and if it is a solid badge or just a decal?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts