Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 DS with scratches in the fuel tank side panel. What’s the best way to remove the emblems ( so I can remove the side panel for painting). Then, more importantly, reattach them later?
Thanks, I’m sure many of you have done this.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I think there are a couple of methods kicking around – I used high strength fishing line to kind of 'saw' behind the badges. They came off fine and undamaged but I did need to clean residue off the panels. I bought some Scotch double-sided 'foam-tape' (can't remember the exact type) to re-attach. I did all this 4 years ago and they're still on there so I must have done something right ;).

·
Registered
117 Posts
I used Deano's method too. Hair dryer helps to melt the adhesive before the 'sawing' and dental floss works if you don't have fishing wire

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used Deano's method too. Hair dryer helps to melt the adhesive before the 'sawing' and dental floss works if you don't have fishing wire
Thanks to both you and Desmond for the info. I saw a video on how to remove as you’ve described- pretty straight forward. I was wondering if there would be enough adhesive left to reattach or what the best double sided tape is to use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts