Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my '19 seems to have a pretty steep nose down tilt and I find myself constantly trying to grip the tank with my knees but of course, without grips, I just keep sliding forward.

My issue is that on the '19 CR, we have these awesome decals that run the length of the tank. I do not want to cover these up with ugly tech spec snake skin type or clear studded contraceptive looking rubber tank grips, but I'm also afraid of actually rubbing those decals right off with my knees.

So what do you think? Does anyone know of a transparent, clear, non-studded or ribbed grip material that wouldn't ruin the look of my tank? How do you guys keep from sliding forward on a CR? Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Kind of a radical option, but getting a Sargent seat really helped with my forward sliding. Like a deep dish. For my butt.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does that work for little butts? :)
I fear, I stop suddenly and it would send me into space. :smileinbox:
I feel the same way lol. Even just riding on flat ground I feel like I might slide over the bars and get run over by my own bike.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Do you mind posting a picture of your CR with that seat?
I have an Icon not a CR, still interested in seeing it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Two benefits if you compare it to the stock seat. 1) it has a dish where your bottom sits which keeps you from sliding forward due to friction and gravity and 2) it puts you farther back which means your heels on the pegs can give you more leg control.

Scrambler Flag 2.jpg

Reactions: Mase

·
Registered
16 Posts
BUMP!

Anyone find a solution for this for the CR? I’d like transparent tank grips that don’t have bobbles so they don’t spoil the look of that tank.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just picked up a new (to me) CR tonight and that’s the first thing I kept thinking of on the ride home. Anyone ever find a solution for this? Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually ended up lowering the rear of the bike with a lowering kit (just a ring that replaces the preload collar) and it really chilled out the riding position and dynamics of the bike. Much to my relief, it now feels and rides more like a normal motorcycle, likely because the frame was not originally designed to have such a high rear end and smaller 17" front wheel. Much reduced nut crunching and better stability at high speed. Visually you can't see much difference either.

Before/after

·
Super Moderator
54 Posts
I actually ended up lowering the rear of the bike with a lowering kit (just a ring that replaces the preload collar)
Where did you get the lowering kit from? I've not seen any and a slight drop would help me immensely!

FatRob

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is the exact one I bought. It wasn't cheap for a small ring of metal, but to me it was worth it. You may be able to find it resold by other vendors. If you install this but leave the front at stock height, you'll see how much better the bike feels.

Where did you get the lowering kit from? I've not seen any and a slight drop would help me immensely!

FatRob

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is the exact one I bought. It wasn't cheap for a small ring of metal, but to me it was worth it. You may be able to find it resold by other vendors. If you install this but leave the front at stock height, you'll see how much better the bike feels.

Absolute genius. Would you mind posting photos of where this ring goes please? Cheers

1 - 20 of 33 Posts