Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the tank panels on 1100 (mine is 2018) compatible with other Scramblers?

I.e.: have any of you ordered tank panels that were't listed as compatible with Scrambler 1100 specifically, and did they fit?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bueller, here.
I don't have an answer from direct experience, but the shape of all 1100's tanks and tank panels appear to be the same and the shape of non-1100 Scramblers is different - so, I'd guess they are not compatible. Plus, the sides of 1100 tanks are formed to accept the "notched" 1100 panel shape and while a you can probably attach a non-1100 panel (single screw under the emblem) it would not actually fit the tank.
That said, if you're feeling adventurous, you can buy a beat up 2016 Scrambler panel (800 I'd guess) for $15 plus shipping and see for yourself: 2016 Ducati Scrambler Fuel Tank Trim Panel | eBay

There is a Ducati dealer in Germany selling aftermarket Scrambler 1100 fuel tank panels (lateral covers) with no mention of sub model fitment (one size fits all). That's relevant because in their auctions for other Scramblers, they carefully identify sub-models the panels fit.
Ducati Lateral Tank Cover Tankblende Cover Black Scrambler 1100 | eBay Contact them through eBay, or by email
Industriestrasse, 5, 86836 Untermeitingen-Lechfeld 09
[email protected]
http://www.ducati-lechfeld.de

Z4 Motorsports, a Las Vegas carbon fiber seller/manufacturer? is offering 2019-20 Scrambler tank panels (sub-models specified) and probably knows the answer your question: DISCOUNT 2019-2020 Scrambler Carbon Fiber Gas Tank Side Cover Fairing Cowling | eBay

Bueller, out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts