Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not yet collected my Classic, can anyone tell me what type of average tank range I can expect. I know it’s all down to how you ride and on what roads etc. But what range do you get.

·
Registered
292 Posts
18000 miles average 55 mpg
Really? Wow!

I've only got like 3k on mine, but I average right around 40mpg all the time. Of course, I can be fairly aggressive with the throttle, and I've got exhaust / filter / tune, but still.... 55mpg is GREAT.

OP, I get right around 40mpg, and my fuel light usually comes on when I've got about 120 miles on a tank, with about a 30 mile reserve after the light comes on.

·
Registered
958 Posts
We did a ride a couple of weeks ago and at 130 miles miles low the fuel light still had not come on. When we refueled the Ducati was using slightly (only slightly) less fuel than the Tiger which was interesting considering the different engine configurations weight and power output.

·
Registered
958 Posts
There are only two possible problems with overfilling. One is fuel being wasted by draining down the tank vent tube and the other is money being wasted by fuel draining down the fuel vent tube, :D

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Topping up close to brim makes a significant difference (maybe 20-25 miles).Don't overfill though as I am told it can cause problems.
Correct, by oveffilling the tank the fuel can find it’s way down into the evap canister. By blocking off the tank breathing it can lead to rough running or worse.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I used to get between 110 and 120 miles before the light came on then never more that 15 to 20 miles on the light... because I did not want to run out.

·
Registered
734 Posts
average of 100 miles when light came on and up to 160 miles.
Haven't driven after 160 miles, don't want to have the experience to push the bike...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts