Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FB_IMG_1499980003629.jpg
Hi,
Just bought a cafe racer tank and not sure I want to swap it myself, so how much do you recon Ducati would charge?Also not 100% sure black would be better than Ducati street fighter yellow, what do you think?
Cheers

·
Registered
182 Posts
Too many Black bikes around,,, Street Fighter yellow way to go.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think your right, that metallic yellow looks well cool in the sun, anyone want to buy a cafe racer tank?:congratulatory:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, still undecided, I am worried it will become boring like tc3 said but I do like black bikes and I've got a spare tank in the garage going to waste if I don't fit it, I could always swap it over winter for next season and then swap it back if I don't like it. I've bought a brown urban enduro saddle (slippy as feck) and brown grips to go with the black tank also a set of woodcraft bars for the cafe look. But I'm still unsure as I just love this bike how it is and cafe bikes can be a bit serious.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the idea of a spare tank with a different look :). Guess that depends on the phaff swapping them over?
If it was easy I would of done it already, its those pesky fuel lines that put me off doing it myself. Back in the day (carbs) a tank swap was a 10 minute job!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not sure if I would have bought a tank to change colors. The only reason I would have bought a tank would've been to install a bigger tank, otherwise just repaint it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure if I would have bought a tank to change colors. The only reason I would have bought a tank would've been to install a bigger tank, otherwise just repaint it.
To have a tank professionally sprayed would cost £200 + so I would say I've got a spare tank for £50 and if I don't like it I can swap back to the original and sell the other tank on which you can't with a spray job. Versatile customisation = no brainer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts