Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can I fit a standard full throttle exhaust to my icon with out a re map? Ducati dealer says I can but hear different stories...

·
Registered
30 Posts
You 100% can, and it definitely sounds a bit better. Better tone to it, nicer idle sound, but IMO it still is a bit quiet. I cut my baffles out of mine and LOVE how it sounds now. You can just unbolt the covers and take the baffles off and ride it to see how it sounds risk-free. If you like it then you just use an angle grinder to cut off the ends of the baffles and pull out all the junk and bolt the shells back on to hold the covers up.

People who say you need to remap an EFI bike for minor tweaks that make no HP gains are just bananas. If it is getting you extra HP then it's not changing air flow significantly and therefore does not require more fuel. Not to mention EFI adapts to minor changes no problem, hence the ability to ride at different elevations without issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You 100% can, and it definitely sounds a bit better. Better tone to it, nicer idle sound, but IMO it still is a bit quiet. I cut my baffles out of mine and LOVE how it sounds now. You can just unbolt the covers and take the baffles off and ride it to see how it sounds risk-free. If you like it then you just use an angle grinder to cut off the ends of the baffles and pull out all the junk and bolt the shells back on to hold the covers up.

People who say you need to remap an EFI bike for minor tweaks that make no HP gains are just bananas. If it is getting you extra HP then it's not changing air flow significantly and therefore does not require more fuel. Not to mention EFI adapts to minor changes no problem, hence the ability to ride at different elevations without issue.
Thanks for reply, it’s ordered 😀, I’m not too bothered about noise, they just look so much better than the stock icon IMO, cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts