Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't have much luck finding info on the "race" exhaust and assorted parts that come with the kit so I'll post my thoughts.

I was hoping for enough of a performance increase to notice along with an improved exhaust note. My fear was that it would be obnoxiously loud.

I expected the pipes to look nice, they do, no suprises. The air box is definitely opened up and the supplied filter seems of good quality.

When you turn the key the dash now shows "race" for a few seconds. After the first start I was relieved to hear the idle sound was quite mild. Not much difference from stock, just a bit different tone. Sounds fine although I was a bit worried it wasn't going to be much different than the stock system throughout the revs. After riding a bit I love the sound characteristics, I can putt through town without feeling like an ass but it really sounds great when you get after it, exactly what I was looking for. As for performance I was a bit surprised. It runs a good bit better. It starts easier, the fueling, which I thought was good before, is improved and there is a noticeable increase in pull throughout the RPM range. The motor seems much happier, revs freely, and the front end was quite light on a few different occasions that hadn't occurred before on a road I've been on countless times. ....fun! Very happy with the results. Here's a sound clip. I don't think my 5 year old phone captured the sound very well but it will give you an idea.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I didn't have much luck finding info on the "race" exhaust and assorted parts that come with the kit so I'll post my thoughts.

I was hoping for enough of a performance increase to notice along with an improved exhaust note. My fear was that it would be obnoxiously loud.

I expected the pipes to look nice, they do, no suprises. The air box is definitely opened up and the supplied filter seems of good quality.

When you turn the key the dash now shows "race" for a few seconds. After the first start I was relieved to hear the idle sound was quite mild. Not much difference from stock, just a bit different tone. Sounds fine although I was a bit worried it wasn't going to be much different than the stock system throughout the revs. After riding a bit I love the sound characteristics, I can putt through town without feeling like an ass but it really sounds great when you get after it, exactly what I was looking for. As for performance I was a bit surprised. It runs a good bit better. It starts easier, the fueling, which I thought was good before, is improved and there is a noticeable increase in pull throughout the RPM range. The motor seems much happier, revs freely, and the front end was quite light on a few different occasions that hadn't occurred before on a road I've been on countless times. ....fun! Very happy with the results. Here's a sound clip. I don't think my 5 year old phone captured the sound very well but it will give you an idea.

Very good write up of a system you can hardly find anything usefull. It looks and sounds great and I'm sure the mapping improves things a lot. I had the Termi with race mapping on my Scrambler 800 and it was pretty awesome.
Sad thing is that it is a race system and as I travel threw Germany a couple of times a year this is asking for trouble.
If this wasn'tthe case I woukd have ordered in a heartbeat when this system came out. They do offer a Termi system wich is aproved but this sounds less good then the stock end cans.
Nice job on the sound clips. I woukd love to see a clip of you starting it, getting on the bike and driving of away from the camera as I feel this gives the bes impression on how a system sounds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try and get that clip. That's frustrating you have to deal with those laws although I'm jealous at the thought of ripping around Germany.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I'll try and get that clip. That's frustrating you have to deal with those laws although I'm jealous at the thought of ripping around Germany.
That would be great!
Yes it sometimes is but it's a small price to pay. On the 800 I just swapped the cans when I went on a trip but with the 1100 it's to much of a hassle.
But views like this make you forget all about it:
20190811_120543.jpg
20190811_120618_compress99.jpg
20190810_110133.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The kit I got came with a different airbox, Sprint filter, the exhaust, and the remap key. I'm curios if the timing was changed also or if it's all in the fuel map. It's a much happier motor now.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I didn't get the downpipes, just the cat replacement and tail end on my 800.
I don't think I got anything else other than the re-mapper. Can't compare to oem as had from new BUT it goes better with the dB killer in.
Can anyone confirm what comes with the racing termi for the 800?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts