Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a few msg's via you tube and on here asking for a riding clip of the race system. Finally remembered to get a quick one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone know if Termi is going to offer slips that stay in the stock position? Not a fan of the stacked, maybe if thinner like the old 500gp days.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Anyone know if Termi is going to offer slips that stay in the stock position? Not a fan of the stacked, maybe if thinner like the old 500gp days.
I guess no one knows but I wouldn't count on it. Just get some Akrapovic's(my personal favorit due to the carbon fiber heat shields) or some nice SC exhausts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I guess no one knows but I wouldn't count on it. Just get some Akrapovic's(my personal favorit due to the carbon fiber heat shields) or some nice SC exhausts.
Thanks, have been looking at them and the Arrows. The Arrow, and no offense, just do not look “Right” on the photos I’ve seen. Akra looks like the probable choice, hopefully no one will blow up their factory again and everything is back ordered.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks, have been looking at them and the Arrows. The Arrow, and no offense, just do not look “Right” on the photos I’ve seen. Akra looks like the probable choice, hopefully no one will blow up their factory again and everything is back ordered.
I too am not a fan of the stacked Termi design; when I saw that was the only Termi option for the 1100 I was extremely disappointed. Just some simple slip on Termi cans in the stock location would've been perfect. I'm also not a fan of the low can designs; I think that setup looks way better on the 800's than it does the 1100's.

I have the Arrows and completely agree that they are not the best looking cans for this bike. I also concede that they've grown on me over the last year, the sound is absolutely ferocious and depending on the angle you're looking at them, sometimes they look better and other times, awkward. If I had it to do all over again I would get the S/C Projects, slash cut ones with the carbon fiber tips. No offense to those with the Akros, I like them too, but the db killer removal surgery is a bit labor intensive.

Reactions: Skippy'73

·
Registered
234 Posts
IMHO, this is the best angle for the Arrows...

·
Registered
835 Posts
I too am not a fan of the stacked Termi design; when I saw that was the only Termi option for the 1100 I was extremely disappointed. Just some simple slip on Termi cans in the stock location would've been perfect. I'm also not a fan of the low can designs; I think that setup looks way better on the 800's than it does the 1100's.

I have the Arrows and completely agree that they are not the best looking cans for this bike. I also concede that they've grown on me over the last year, the sound is absolutely ferocious and depending on the angle you're looking at them, sometimes they look better and other times, awkward. If I had it to do all over again I would get the S/C Projects, slash cut ones with the carbon fiber tips. No offense to those with the Akros, I like them too, but the db killer removal surgery is a bit labor intensive.
Totally agree. I like the Akra's for the oem plus look. But the Arrows sound great and still look cool after getting used to the larger gap above the endcans and between the seat area. The SC slashcuts with the cf tips are also pretty cool but also have the larger gap wich by the Akra's is nicely filled by the cf heat shields.The sound is prabably pretty much the same once the db killers are removed.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Totally agree. I like the Akra's for the oem plus look. But the Arrows sound great and still look cool after getting used to the larger gap above the endcans and between the seat area. The SC slashcuts with the cf tips are also pretty cool but also have the larger gap wich by the Akra's is nicely filled by the cf heat shields.The sound is prabably pretty much the same once the db killers are removed.
Agree Skippy - if only the S/C's tucked up as nicely on the 1100 as they do on the Hypermotard 950 SP:

Reactions: Skippy'73

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hate to say this because I'm really liking my time on the Scrambler, but...the aftermarket pipe world just seems to hurry up and make it fit and the mass will buy it. Especially in this time of every freaking body wanting to be a victim or offended, but this is really the best you could come up with, dammit spend more than 10 minutes designing your layout and calling it done. Going to wait until the end of the year and maybe something looking more like it belongs on the bike comes to light. If anyone sees anything that "Fits" the look of the bike I would greatly appreciate a heads up.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Odie, total agreement. I bought the very first 1100 Sport in the area in 2018 and the aftermarket has been very slow to embrace this platform. Even after months of ownership there were barely any parts out there. Whereas with other bikes, the aftermarket gets the models in advance so parts are available in some cases as the models are released. I'll use competition werkes as an example; its only been within the 9-12 months that they came out with their "system" for the 1100 which is essentially the same low can design that the 800 uses. Why didn't they just offer twin slip on cans like they did for the Monster 1100 EVO which had a very similar design? I even emailed them and inquired; they said they had not gotten their hands on an 1100 to design anything for it.

As Skippy notes, the Akras really do fit the bike the best, as they are similar in design to the stock cans. The S/C Project line has some great choices as well, and while its a less favorable option, you could always snag either the Arrow or Akra mid pipe (which I would recommend so you can delete the servo) and have a quality shop build a rear section with the cans of your choice that tuck up under the rear much tighter. I dont think that would be too expensive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts