Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In standard Italian Ducati style my Termi system showed up with no instructions. I've installed dozens of exhaust systems on Ducati's and thought it would be easy. Not so much. So here are some shots that I took.
IMG_5557.JPG

Looks great out of the box
IMG_5562.JPG

Loosening the shock helped gain access. Don't forget to unplug the O2 sensors before removing them.

IMG_5560.JPG

The battery box was in the way of getting the rear pipe out.
IMG_5568.JPG

Talk about over engineered. Do not mod this if you have a heavy stock battery. I run lithium Iron and it's worth the added expense.
IMG_5569.JPG

Flexible and bendable. Now it's a lot easier to remove and replace for service. I'm sure I will just make a new one in time.
IMG_5666.JPG

The rearset needs to come off to install the rear bracket. Took me a while to figure it out but it fits.
IMG_5565.JPG

Rear mount is simple. Just pull the plug on the frame to expose the threads for the bolt.
IMG_5566.JPG

Get it all aligned and then take off the mid pipe to reinsert the battery box.
2015-06-22_132726.jpg

THe heat shield holes were not perfect and needed to be filed. Remember the insulating washers need to be placed between the different spacers.
IMG_5675.JPG

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Thanks for the photos and info! Looks like a really good solution for those who want the high scrambler pipes.

·
Registered
285 Posts
That looks awesome with those pipes!!

How much did you wind up paying for all the pieces for the exhaust swap? Also, was there any noticeable increase of power/decibels with this?

:hatsoff:

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
What a great in detail write up ken, Some very useful information there, thanks for posting , Great pics too, :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks good but I have a concern about this product. I wonder if it "cooks" the rider and the passenger or just "roast" them?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I think if you do a lot of town riding in traffic etc It'll get quite uncomfortable, But on the open road you shouldn't really notice it,
I also think it depends on what trousers/pants your wearing,

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
That's been my fear. I think aesthetically it looks great but it does look a leg burner.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After living with it for a while this is what I learned. This is all IMO. It is actually cooler than the stock exhaust. The routing of the stock pipes puts a lot of heat on the rider. The full system routes it away. I had to ride home in shorts one day because I drove in and forgot pants.:) It didn't even get my leg hot. It is routed very nice and the heat shields are well thought out. The pipe has a restrictor that makes it sound good but with the restrictor out it sounds like a big ducati. You need earplugs with the restrictor removed on a long ride.
It comes with a key that the dealer has to install to make it work. Once it is installed the power and torque increase significantly. I have a dyno at work so if I ever find time I will get some numbers.
It was a lot of money but with the mapping key I think it was a good deal for what I got out of it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the high Termi too and the heat shields work great, it doesn't even feel hot to touch. I have the insert out and it sounds amazing! I think for the money is was a good deal for a full system. I just didn't want a slip on.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I'm wearing my short Alpine star boots then once in in a while I feel the boot touch the heat shield but nothing gets stuck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks great. How much of a nuisance is it to remove in order to get to the timing belts when they need maintenance? That's my only concern and they shouldn't need to be removed very often.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks great. How much of a nuisance is it to remove in order to get to the timing belts when they need maintenance? That's my only concern and they shouldn't need to be removed very often.
Not that hard at all. The only hard part is the initial installation because of the rear cylinder pipe needs to be swapped out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How bulky is it? Do you feel it against your leg at all when riding?
I had this fitted when I bought the bike. Heat a problem? No, but it does touch against your right calf the whole time. I've got used to it after 2000 km and it's not a problem. The sound is great and it feels like there is a lot more torque than the demo bike I rode with the standard exhaust.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts