Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 548 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 1100 for two weeks now. A the first service I would like to get the full termi manifold and silencer kit fitted. Has anyone done this and what are the gains after remapping. I did the same on my 800 icon and it gave loads of extra low down stomp which is really useful, not to mention a way cool exhaust note.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have had my 1100 for two weeks now. A the first service I would like to get the full termi manifold and silencer kit fitted. Has anyone done this and what are the gains after remapping. I did the same on my 800 icon and it gave loads of extra low down stomp which is really useful, not to mention a way cool exhaust note.
Apparently there are two versions available for the 1100.
A road going version that isn't particularly loud and doesn't require a new map.
The race version is very load apparently and will included the manifold, new map and exhaust servo deletion.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I think you need to buy the manifold seperate to the silencer.... for the race system. Because its the manifold part that removes the cat.

I do not see it mentioned anywhere about an upmap - but assume it needs one.. and one would be supplied..

Obviously the arrow is cheaper... but Arrow say there was only 3 HP gain... but that is obviously without a map..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently there are two versions available for the 1100.
A road going version that isn't particularly loud and doesn't require a new map.
The race version is very load apparently and will included the manifold, new map and exhaust servo deletion.
The type approved version is the same diameter pipe and therefore will just slip on.
The race version is a wider diameter pipe and comes with a conversion manifold that eliminates the cat. The race version comes with a remap. All of this I know although it's not easy to extract the info from dealers.
The question is has anyone done this or am I going to be the guinea pig? :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Some guys on Facebook have changed the exhaust for the Road and Race versions.
Apparently the race version is full on nasty loud!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I listened to the one clip of the Termi road version, and it didn't seem that much different than stock in terms of sound. My buddy's 848 with Termis has an awesome sound (not too loud, throaty and nice burble), so I was honestly a little disappointed in the sound of the Termi kit for the 1100. Perhaps the race version is better, but if its too loud, that's not going to work either. I also prefer the look of the dual pipes, tucked under the tail on ether side, as opposed to stacked on one side. But that's just me.

To be honest, I am hoping Competition Werkes eventually makes a kit similar to this one for the 1100 Scrambler:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was looking at Akrapovic's site earlier today, and they have the Scrambler 1100 listed now. They don't have any products up for it yet, but they have a "coming soon" placeholder. I bet that'll be yummy.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm also very intersted in the aftermarket exhausts that will be coming out. I do like the stock sound a lot but wouldn't mind if it was a bit louder.
I'm very curious how the Arrow cat delete pipe will sound with the stock cans. This might be a cheap and nice way to gain some sound and loose some weight. Also loosing the cat would reduce some underseat heat.
I do love the look of the Termi system but it only sound good in race trim(I've been told by a couple of sources). The aproved system is said to sound less good then the stock cans. Also the price is pretty steep.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Great idea on the Arrow mid pipe!

I wonder if it would bolt on/work with the stock cans? It says "compatible with Arrow slip on exhaust" so I wonder if it would bolt up directly or would it need to be modified to work with stock exhaust. That would be awesome if it does!

Item #: 1331664
Arrow Mid-Pipe Ducati Scrambler 1100
Arrow offers optional mid-pipes for certain motorcycles allowing the user to eliminate the catalytic converter. Arrow mid-pipes are compatible with Arrow Slip-On Exhausts.

Features:
  • Optional catalytic converter eliminating mid-pipe
  • Compatible with Arrow Slip-On Exhaust
  • TIG welding

·
Registered
569 Posts
Great idea on the Arrow mid pipe!

I wonder if it would bolt on/work with the stock cans? It says "compatible with Arrow slip on exhaust" so I wonder if it would bolt up directly or would it need to be modified to work with stock exhaust. That would be awesome if it does!
I've seen on sites from sellers that it should fit and it's sold as such. And as the end cans from Arrow can be bought separarely to directly replace the stock can I also thinkbit won't be a problem.
As I don't have the bike yet I can't check if the servo valve would be a problem but I guess that's in the 1 into 2 part to the cans.

Decat Link Pipe by Arrow Ducati / Scrambler 1100 / 2018 (71696MI)

·
Registered
732 Posts
The Link pipe would fit the standard system - as the Arrow system still uses the original 2:1 splitter from Ducati - The servo valve is part of the Cat - so you will need to fit a spring on the cable to fool the system or a DucE or Servo Eliminator.

I have not pulled the trigger on this yet for 2 reasons

1. Would like to know how LOUD it is with the cat gone.

2. Not sure what effect it will have on the running... bike runs great with the cat - so concerned it may make it too lean...

Waiting for someone else to be the guinea pig...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ah that's some great info. The cat eliminator will almost certainly make it lean but that said I did this on other bikes and other people on other model Ducati's and I never had any problems. The only thing I noticed myself was a bit more popping on deceI and a slight loss of torque if you don't do a remap. also can't find many stories of engines failing after decats and I've been reading for many years on many forums. The lean condition is probably a bigger problem in hot countries I guess but I agree it could cause problems.
On my 800 I had the Termignoni race system witch eliminates the cat and comes with a new map. This ran pretty good and improved bottem pick up. With the stock can the map also worked verry good.
With the Arrow decat pipe you could always have a rexxer tune and change the mapping in wich case you should end up with a pretty sweet running set up that's probably more bang for the buck then just some different slip ons.
Personally I would like more noise but also something that is easely reversable for trips to Germany(where they are very strict).

I understand you don't wanna be the guinea pig but if someone fits it and just rides a couple of thousand miles a year you still won't know very much. I will be folowing what is coming out for the 1100 and as soon as there is a good rexxer map it could be a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The noise is my main concern - I want a bit more noise - but not straight through pipes.... I ride early morning... so do not need the attention...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah it doesn't need to be crazy loud. The Termignoni on the 800 sounds quite nice with the db killer but without it's a bit to much.
Luckily the 1100 sounds pretty good stock with a nice deep tone wich can't be said for the 800 model wich is just to quiet stock.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'll let you guys know, I pulled the trigger this afternoon on the Arrow pipe. :icon_thumbright:

I am planning to have my dealer install it since they also do full race exhaust fabrication - they certainly know what they're doing. I also plan to delete the 02's while I'm at it and have it remapped.

I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Nice! That's going to be very interesting. I hope you can do a before and after video and sound clip so we can get an idea on what the sound is going to do. It would also be interesting to see how much weight the Arrow pipe saves.

It's nice to have a dealer that knows what they are doing and that have the tools to remap the stock ecu.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey guys - I'd love to get it dyno'd, I'm not sure if they have access to one or know where it can be done. I will certainly ask them. Should be no prob to get the weight savings. Will do a before and after video as well.

I bought my bike from DucPond (Ducati of Winchester) in Virginia, and they're a pretty race oriented shop. They sponsor track days, and the dealer owner is an established racer, fabricator and tech. I'm definitely in good hands!

1 - 20 of 548 Posts