Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a two year old 350! Miles full throttle, started to investigate the fitting of the race termignoni exhaust, after extensive research , I think the following is the situation in respect of the maps situation,

The key DDS key in the terminal kit has the race map, and when it's connected to the bike, they swap maps but to load it to the bike you still need the dealer DDS system, the key then has your old stock map. If you want to go back to stock, the dealer has to swap them back so that the termi map will be back on the key.

Is this correct, thanks in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been trying to figure this out for the Scrambler. The key was clearly intended to plug into the diagnostic port on the bike, so I dont understand how the dealer would also connect the DDS at the same time.
This video for a Hypermotard shows a much simpler process that only requires the key.

I have tried connecting the key ( that came with Termi Race) on my 2017 Icon, but I didn't see any messages on the instrument panel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke with the dealer , the kit key contains an unlock code, Ducati went through a stage with some models of self loading but then realized a dealer visit that costs money is a better route! Thats the real reason and on many models the race maps are downloaded direct from Ducati via DDS to the bike, its all about dealer and Ducati control of the ECU

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I spoke with the dealer , the kit key contains an unlock code, Ducati went through a stage with some models of self loading but then realized a dealer visit that costs money is a better route! Thats the real reason and on many models the race maps are downloaded direct from Ducati via DDS to the bike, its all about dealer and Ducati control of the ECU
That figures! Good find. I'm about to get one stuck on my Icon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like only the icon 800 and full throttle are the models listed, these were covered along with some other mainly high performance models before Ducati went back to dealer DDS map uploads, Ducati dealers supply and fit a lot of termigioni exhausts world wide, imagine all those customers buying online and fitting them themselves , lost revenue then used upmap kits appearing on eBay. I bet Ducati had a word.

It would be interesting to find an icon owner or full throttle owner that has used the kit,

Uk price is £360

·
Registered
11 Posts
The T800 device apparently binds itself permanently to the bike, so you can't sell it to be used on another bike.

They actually have maps for most models, including Icon, Desert Sled, Full Throttle and Cafe Racer. They also have maps for various equipment combinations, including stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are a couple of used ones on eBay, I wonder it does bind, it would seem logical, it does appear that the easiest way and less expensive is to ride to a dealer and get the map loaded , its a pain to ride again to get the standard map loaded if you take the terms off,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I started to look at the akrapovic slip on/full system, based on quality remarks about the terms, I reached out to akrapovic UK, they say if you keep the standard air filter no remap is required, anyone fitted the Akrapovic slip? Did you remmap?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Very nice, @Deano968! I fitted the Termignoni full race pipe on my Cafe Racer and loaded a map myself using a Rexxer EVO. I can reload my stock map the same way if needed. The sound of the Termignoni race is the best part of my day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very nice, @Deano968! I fitted the Termignoni full race pipe on my Cafe Racer and loaded a map myself using a Rexxer EVO. I can reload my stock map the same way if needed. The sound of the Termignoni race is the best part of my day.

View attachment 46176

How does the bike run with the Rexxer map? Did it fix the low speed surging? Did you disconnect the lambda sensors?

·
Registered
83 Posts
How does the bike run with the Rexxer map? Did it fix the low speed surging? Did you disconnect the lambda sensors?
The bike runs very well with the Rexxer map. There is still a slight flat spot in the mid RPM range, but just a little bit. The low rpm surge is mostly gone. My map includes disabling the fuel cut under 4500 RPMs, which helps reduce exhaust pops and throttle surges. Overall, I am very happy with the Rexxer map.

No, the O2 sensors are still connected (required for the 2020 cafe), but the Rexxer map/flash disables them and the SAI.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The bike runs very well with the Rexxer map. There is still a slight flat spot in the mid RPM range, but just a little bit. The low rpm surge is mostly gone. My map includes disabling the fuel cut under 4500 RPMs, which helps reduce exhaust pops and throttle surges. Overall, I am very happy with the Rexxer map.

No, the O2 sensors are still connected (required for the 2020 cafe), but the Rexxer map/flash disables them and the SAI.

I'm glad to hear that. I purchased a similar device called the T800 from Termignoni / up-map (T800 UpMap device | Powered by Termignoni). Unfortunately, I'm having major technical difficulties with it. If Upmap support cant get it to work I will send it back and look into Rexxer. The Rexxer is just so expensive. It's like $599 right?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm glad to hear that. I purchased a similar device called the T800 from Termignoni / up-map (T800 UpMap device | Powered by Termignoni). Unfortunately, I'm having major technical difficulties with it. If Upmap support cant get it to work I will send it back and look into Rexxer. The Rexxer is just so expensive. It's like $599 right?
That is correct. You can reset service lights and check some other diags, but really it does very little for quite a bit of $$. I am glad I have it, but I wish it did more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts