Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am the happy owner of a DS 2017. I recently asked my dealer to get me the Termingnoni slip on that goes where existing muffler is located. It is the same one that appears in the Ducati configurator page, see photo (also follow this link, a video comparing sound of stock muffler v. the Termignoni slip on I'd like to get, on the exact same bike)

They also have another version that is installed up near the seat, they call that one the raised silencer or something to the effect. I don't like the raised one as it screws up the well thought lay out and aesthetics of the bike.

Anyhow, I'm told by my dealer--as well as by another dealer I had sought to purchase this slip on and mounting bracket (sold separately)--- that the only one that will fit the bike is the raised one. They keep referring to "the manual".

I have shown them the attached picture and video, but they keep insisting my only option is the raised slip on.

Anyone out there with the same issue? I have no doubt it can be done, but I cannot get the dealer to agree.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just go a head and buy it. Fit it yourself and save a stack of money on the dealer fitting it for you.
I did the Leo Vinci myself and it takes less than an hour.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
My local Ducati dealer, have a matt black termignoni exhaust with 'Race map' for sale, current price: 684 USD (further negotiations have to made) my dealer claims that this is a discounted price. I was looking for an exhaust which is not too loud, then I found this with my dealer and personally I liked the way termi sounds with the db killer there is a whistling sound with the burble.

What do you guys think is this a fair price for the product (see pics). I'll update the exact price asap

Advice and suggestions are much appreciated.

Regards
Nirmal

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
My local Ducati dealer, have a matt black termignoni exhaust with 'Race map' for sale, current price: 684 USD (further negotiations have to made) my dealer claims that this is a discounted price. I was looking for an exhaust which is not too loud, then I found this with my dealer and personally I liked the way termi sounds with the db killer there is a whistling sound with the burble.

What do you guys think is this a fair price for the product (see pics). I'll update the exact price asap

Advice and suggestions are much appreciated.

Regards
Nirmal
Everything is expensive here in Aus so maybe not the best guide for you but from my perspective that sounds like a good price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello all,

I am the happy owner of a DS 2017. I recently asked my dealer to get me the Termingnoni slip on that goes where existing muffler is located. It is the same one that appears in the Ducati configurator page, see photo (also follow this link, a video comparing sound of stock muffler v. the Termignoni slip on I'd like to get, on the exact same bike)

They also have another version that is installed up near the seat, they call that one the raised silencer or something to the effect. I don't like the raised one as it screws up the well thought lay out and aesthetics of the bike.

Anyhow, I'm told by my dealer--as well as by another dealer I had sought to purchase this slip on and mounting bracket (sold separately)--- that the only one that will fit the bike is the raised one. They keep referring to "the manual".

I have shown them the attached picture and video, but they keep insisting my only option is the raised slip on.

Anyone out there with the same issue? I have no doubt it can be done, but I cannot get the dealer to agree.
Just buy the Termignoni slip on (as shown in the video), it will be a direct fit to your DS. The dealer is suggesting for a full system high mount exhaust I guess, but its your choice the dealer should not insist. I think Termi exhausts comes with a map key, you need to check with your dealer before you buy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Race Termi comes with a Map key that must be loaded to prevent an excessively lean condition. You will not have a cat converter anymore (if the Termi is the race version), if you care about that (or your local laws care). The whistle sucks and is caused by a horizontal bar inside the DB killer. The Termi is loud, but meant to run without the DB killer and sounds.....killer.

I do not like the hi-mount Termi, personally.

2020 Cafe with Race Termi and Rexxer map:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm running mine DB killer in at the moment and I may be in a minority but I don't mind the whistling and popping. I live in a fairly densely populated area so I'm not too keen on it being stupid loud but I may try the DB out and see how much difference it makes (mine is as 0260n25's above – O thought they had a cat, the bit that sticks off the side behind the rear wheel?)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm running mine DB killer in at the moment and I may be in a minority but I don't mind the whistling and popping. I live in a fairly densely populated area so I'm not too keen on it being stupid loud but I may try the DB out and see how much difference it makes (mine is as 0260n25's above – O thought they had a cat, the bit that sticks off the side behind the rear wheel?)
The race version (it will have a metal plate welded to the bottom that says RACE and a bunch of stuff about not breaking laws) is considered race because it does not have a cat, is loud, and requires a fuel re-map. The can on the side of the pipe that sits behind the wheel is the resonator. The resonator is tuned to create the specific sound the designer wanted. Without it, the pipe would sound like crap and would be STUPID loud, rather than just very loud, LOL.

Taking the DB killer out will give a much nicer, deeper tone that sounds crazy good when coming in hot to a stop and downshifting quickly through the gears. I speed up before every red light just so I can drop through the gears at about 8 grand. Wife loves it too since her R3 is an inline twin and does not have that nice deep note of the L/V twin. She wants my cafe racer and wants me to buy a Panigale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts