Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Resistance was futile listening to the Termignoni sound clips, just ordered one from Germany £650 delivered, £200 cheaper than my dealer wanted
Why is that ? I've noticed this a lot and not just Ducati. I know exchange rates and all that stuff but still don't get it, especially from other EU countries.
I like to give my local/national companies business but I can't justify it when we're talking Hundreds of £s

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you are talking about, I used to ride american bikes, I would buy bits and pieces from the USA at roughly 30% cheaper than i could get them for in the UK. It hurts not putting money into your own countries economy, probably all to do with the taxation rates, lots of people in the UK don't realize we are being taxed at 45%, roughly 25% on your earnings then another 20% on everything you buy,

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I know what you are talking about, I used to ride american bikes, I would buy bits and pieces from the USA at roughly 30% cheaper than i could get them for in the UK. It hurts not putting money into your own countries economy, probably all to do with the taxation rates, lots of people in the UK don't realize we are being taxed at 45%, roughly 25% on your earnings then another 20% on everything you buy,
That's right, for me when in the 40% bracket plus 20% vat one way for me to save paying tax is to STOP spending, and we all know that's no good for anybody, especially the economy.

·
Registered
965 Posts
One thing to be happy about for you across the pond is that your exhaust is EU certified and at least in my state of California the exhaust isn't certified so technically it is illegal in my state and is a ticketable offense,

·
Registered
941 Posts
One thing to be happy about for you across the pond is that your exhaust is EU certified and at least in my state of California the exhaust isn't certified so technically it is illegal in my state and is a ticketable offense,
The Termi slip on is not road legal in UK either and will attract a hefty fine too if caught

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Termi slip on is not road legal in UK either and will attract a hefty fine too if caught
There are thousands of bikes on the UK roads with illegal exhausts cars too That is exhaust is as quite as a mouse compared to some of my Harleys,
But thanks for the advice officer ;)

·
Registered
941 Posts
There are thousands of bikes on the UK roads with illegal exhausts cars too That is exhaust is as quite as a mouse compared to some of my Harleys,
But thanks for the advice officer ;)
I have a full race system on my present bike so am no cop ;)

·
Registered
965 Posts
I am curious about those of you that got the exhaust. Was the dealer willing to install it or was it only "owner" installable? The Ducati rep here in the USA I spoke to mentioned that California customers would get a box with the slip on in it and it would be up to them to install due to the local regulations.

Not a big deal in any case but I'm likely to just stick with the stock exhaust to avoid our local over anxious law enforcement folks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I ordered the full termi system for my icon. My dealer told me it (along with all my ducati accessories but one) should arrive the week of the 20th. The dealer is installing it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a full Termie system on my 848 Streetfighter it sounds great but the resonance from the end of the exhaust is very tiring on a longish journey, so as I intend doing longish rides on the Scrambler I'll probably go for the Full Throttle road legal twin pipe setup even though it'll break the bank

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well my Termi arrived today, its all fitted. But I can;t figure out how to upload the new map from the supplied stick,:( I found the upload plug with no problem, plugged it in and turned ignition on, nothing other than the usual lights came on, its a long shot but does anyone have any ideas?
ps it sounds nice :cool:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have got the termi map on the bike now, nice little touch with it, when i put the ignition on now the speedo says "race" as it goes through its sequence.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts