Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I bought a termignoni race exhaust for a 2018 icon and it did not come with a up map key. I am looking to purchase one or if you want to trade I have a bunch fo parts and such laying about so let me know!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same issue. Following...
From my research talking to people and co tacting the different options. I've narrowed down the best options as rexxar retune or get a rapid bike.

From my understanding (and I could be wrong so if anyone is out there that would like to rebuke feel free)

Rexxar
Pros
  • can send your ecu in to get remapped by rexxar or go to a dealer that has that accessibility to do it for you
  • comes with 2-3 maps.
  • It's an actual rewrite to your ecu

Cons
- not adaptive to everything you change to the bike - may need more remaps if you change something else

Rapid bike
Pros
  • Adapts to any changes to the bike
  • Can install yourself (Im still having my dealer do it)

Cons
- piggyback system that if breaks then you're "stranded" - not many reports of it breaking but I have seen 1 or 2 mention it.

----

All in all I went with the rapid bike. I am going to change things a lot on the bike I presume and would like a "smart" remapper if possible.

·
Registered
480 Posts
With RB, you can also purchase the adapter with your kit, this would allow you to bypass the RB while it's still installed and your bike will revert back to using its own ECU. The adapters are like $50? They are on their site. Adori adapter I believe they are called?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the info. One last thing: it seems that the Rapid Bike cannot clear codes, correct? It's only a fuel management system, am I right?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Correct, doesn't clear codes. It's also worth mentioning that about 10% of RB owners don't like the unit and it doesn't work well for some reason. Could be a firmware update etc but for me (last year), after 4000+ km, I ripped it out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Correct, doesn't clear codes. It's also worth mentioning that about 10% of RB owners don't like the unit and it doesn't work well for some reason. Could be a firmware update etc but for me (last year), after 4000+ km, I ripped it out.
Why did you remove yours?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts