Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I know I've read about this issue before somewhere, but has anyone on here had any experience with a rattling noise coming from their Termignoni race line exhaust? At first, I thought it was the retainer springs, so I purchased some shielded ones from Akrapovic. No luck! Sounds like it's coming from the resonator chamber that's under the center of the swingarm.

I called the dealership who installed it when the bike was purchased new, but warranty ran out last April so I'm SOL apparently... They said I could likely drill out the rivets and see what's up, but I'm not comfortable doing that. It's a known issue with these systems (the salesperson is aware of it - as a manufacturing defect). He said it will likely get worse over time. Why no warranty then!!??

I found this video online:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hi everyone,

I know I've read about this issue before somewhere, but has anyone on here had any experience with a rattling noise coming from their Termignoni race line exhaust? At first, I thought it was the retainer springs, so I purchased some shielded ones from Akrapovic. No luck! Sounds like it's coming from the resonator chamber that's under the center of the swingarm.

I called the dealership who installed it when the bike was purchased new, but warranty ran out last April so I'm SOL apparently... They said I could likely drill out the rivets and see what's up, but I'm not comfortable doing that. It's a known issue with these systems (the salesperson is aware of it - as a manufacturing defect). He said it will likely get worse over time. Why no warranty then!!??

I found this video online:
Same happened to me but I had about 6 months warranty left, the welds on the resonator now look slightly bigger than the original and I've not had any more issues for 18 months, if mine went again I'd buy/source a link pipe and take the resonator section off or buy a Zard.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'd be super loud without the resonator though, no?
Seems shitty that a pipe with ~2400km on it isn't warrantied from an obvious manufacturers defect... I'm going to dig around and see if Termi has some sort of warranty that's different than Ducati.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It'd be super loud without the resonator though, no?
Seems shitty that a pipe with ~2400km on it isn't warrantied from an obvious manufacturers defect... I'm going to dig around and see if Termi has some sort of warranty that's different than Ducati.
It would be louder but not sure how much, mine would only rattle with the baffle out, Not sure why?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I emailed Termi and they kindly redirected me back to Ducati with my inquiry. Here is the meat of their response:

"Termignoni has an exclusive agreement with Ducati Motor Holding, so for this reason all the information, spare parts, replacement or guarantee about our products for Ducati Performance have to be given directly by Ducati Company and Ducati Dealers."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts