Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dealer txtd to say my slip-on pipe arrived today so rode down to have a look. Very nice it looks too even in bits in the box, In the pack you get a flash drive key to insert the new ECU settings (I believe it is also used to turn back to standard settings so you keep it in a safe place). Didn't have my cards/cash on me so will return to pick it up another day.
I heard someone mention 5% increase somewhere or did I dream that? Not too worried anyway as it was bought for looks and sound!

·
Registered
20 Posts
The ECU settings are accessed through the USB port under the seat?! [hungry]

I wonder if the api is "open" for other vendors than Termignoni to access. It'd be very cool for ambitious folks in the community to release custom maps too!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I believe Ducati has the ECU locked down tight. In fact, I have learned that once the USB up-map key is loaded on a bike, the USB key is disabled for use on any other bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How much did you pay for the Termi if you don't mind me asking. The only price I have seen is the ungodly mark-up for like $1400 on Pro-Italia.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a deal from my dealer, I paid £679 (UK) which is a good saving on the list price of £874 but he has faith in me buying lots of other goodies from them so he knows if I feel I am getting a good deal I'll come back to spend more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah 874 pounds is roughly $1300, which is what Pro-Italia has for a price. Sucks because I know I want this pipe but I thought it would be around $700.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I believe Ducati has the ECU locked down tight. In fact, I have learned that once the USB up-map key is loaded on a bike, the USB key is disabled for use on any other bike.
I got told you keep the key in case you remove the said Termi pipe you purchased to reset the software to stock. Presuming then you can then sell it on.

·
Registered
764 Posts
When you do an Upmap the Termi map uploads to the ECU and the standard map downloads to the stick and is stored there. Next time you plug in the stick and do an Upmap the maps are swapped back, and so on.

Reactions: ELVISTO

·
Registered
764 Posts
Firstly, as far as I know, it's not a USB stick. It plugs into the diagnostic connector. Also, I believe that once it has been connected to the bike it pairs to that ECU and will only upload to that ECU thereafter.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Just an FYI if you're a California customer according to the Ducati representative no one except you can install the exhaust because it is otherwise illegal in California. If caught there is a 1000.00 fine in California. Isn't is great? Lousy CARB laws along with other "specific" laws that I won't mention since last time I did I got a warning from the mods.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Just an FYI if you're a California customer according to the Ducati representative no one except you can install the exhaust because it is otherwise illegal in California. If caught there is a 1000.00 fine in California. Isn't is great? Lousy CARB laws along with other "specific" laws that I won't mention since last time I did I got a warning from the mods.
What if you register it out of state?

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'm guessing that various states may have the same requirement although the California CARB requirements are pretty stringent even lawn mowers etc to be sold in California have to meet it.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I worked at Rolls Royce cars in the mid 70s, And we were very worried about the new California Emissions then, had we not managed to comply we'd have been out of work because most if not all the cars were going to the USA,
You have to have leaders against pollution , and California are certainly that, It keeps the car/bike manufactures on their toes , Just saying :oops:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes mate but you get California weather... In uk we get rain

1 - 20 of 33 Posts