Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had my long awaited Termignoni slip-on delivered and installed at my dealer.

Luckily the dealer had ordered two sets, also one for their demo, as the pipes to mine did not fit at all. The second set fitted only barely, with a fair bit of force used.

Now, yes, I knew when ordering, this slip-on was a completely homologated model. However, I was very much under the impression there'd be a dB-killer to be taken off and a nice sound to listen to thereafter. Maybe (probably?) this expectation all took place only in my brain. Though I have had a number of Ducati's with beautiful sounding Termi speakers.

As you might be able to tell already, I was deeply disappointed when the bike was fired up after the installment. At a stand still, I cannot detect any difference whatsoever in sound vs the standard exhaust - maybe, only just, a little bit while riding.

If you like the look (which I do), it may still be worth the money to you - otherwise it seems the only way to improve things is to remove the Heffalump.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lieberg,
I take it by the heffalump you mean this exhaust just connects to the ugly lump under the swingarm and does not get rid of it!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wazza. that's correct. the big lump is where sound and pollution is turned into flowers and butterflies, and yes, it stays.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Amazing how they were able to route the headers to not loop down under the engine while also keeping the lengths equal between both cyclinders.

Look really good.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I don't even think they kept the lengths equal, or at least it wasn't their main priority. The main objective seems to me to make something that looks neat and cleans up the under side of the bike (this ain't exactly a performance motorcycle....)

Looks nice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts