Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have had to replace the speedo/TFT/computer on my 2018 Desert Sled as it was not displaying the speed, mileage, revs, service schedule and the heated grips status, in other words, it was blank. I had no option to replace it as the MOT date was looming but I was angry that a nearly five year old bike needed such a vital component replaced. Cost of speedo was £612. Total cost after fitting and computer fettling of transferable data was £747.
Does anyone else think this is unfair? I couldn't even buy a secondhand one as no-one would engage in linking it to my bike (understandably) Has anyone been successful at obtaining any kind of help from Ducati? I can only hope the same thing does not happen after the two year guarantee on the part.
Any experience?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crazy heh! So much money! I could have flown return from the UK to Adelaide to see my family. The really annoying part is that there is no diagnosis of what has failed, to cause such a catastrophic failure. That's the stuff of conspiracy theories! I have always accepted that something will go wrong with my bikes, but I always know what has happened. I really would like to know how many have just stopped working and if Ducati are keeping it quiet. Thanks for the reply...

·
Registered
54 Posts
That’s too bad that it failed and no idea what caused it to fail, plus soooo expensive. Sorry to hear it. Thanks for posting though.

Do you take the bike in dirt a lot? Water & mud get into it? I know it’s a sled, but wondering if it’s a weak link. Never really thought about it. I‘m on dirt roads and mud often.

If you have the old one, did you take it apart to see if you could see anything? Share any pic‘s… I’m curious what’s inside it, how it’s put together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts