Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 600 mile service done yesterday (I had a little over 700 on the bike when I pulled in to the dealer's lot). For the record, and since we get people here who ask sometimes, it was $220. Ducati says it's 1.2 hours of labor, and this dealer had a $109 / hour labor rate. That plus the oil and filter cost was it.

That said:

That's still pretty expensive. I ended up doing it there instead of doing it myself because right now I don't have a way to reset the service indicator. Oil change and checking torque I can do it my sleep. I have a feeling that sooner or later I'll end up with a Rexxer unit, but not until I pick an exhaust.

So my question: is there another easy (or cheap) way to reset service indicators ourselves? I know I don't need to worry about it again until the first desmo service, but I was curious.

And now I can finally exceed that annoying 6k RPM limit. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
So my question: is there another easy (or cheap) way to reset service indicators ourselves? I know I don't need to worry about it again until the first desmo service, but I was curious.
If you don't plan on doing your own valves, your dealer can just reset the light then. From here on out, every oil change is also a valve check. I do the oil change myself (about $100 for oil and filter), and then the valve check is just $323 from my dealer, and they stamp my service book.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, true. For some reason I had it in my head that there were intermediate oil services in between the Desmo ones. I'll likely do oil changes at shorter than 7,500 mile intervals anyways, but no lights for that anyhow.

Don't know why I had that in my head.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I know what you mean by sweet feeling, it's good to be able to open it up and really ride it. I paid a similar price here in the U K, £177.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts