Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

The Charlie Brown Special

11K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Xexi1 
#1 ·
The bike is finally to the point where I felt comfortable getting some photos taken. Just a couple quick rollers and a few still shots.

Modifications List:
FT Bars
Evap Canister deleted
Fork reflectors deleted
Factory decals deleted
Amazon Cheap Bar end mirror
NRC rear fender eliminator / blinkers
NRC snap on front blinkers
Competition Werkes slip on
Carbon-Trader frame plugs
Custom vinyl decals on the wheels and front fender

Before anyone asks, I'm 6'4" without shoes or a helmet on, so yes, I understand I dwarf the bike.

Hope you guys enjoy.
Cheers!
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Tree Motorcycling

See less See more
#6 ·
The ECU is being sent out to be remapped on Monday. Hopefully Ill have it back before the following weekend. I would definitely suggest a remap, or tuning with any non-cat exhaust.

The Werkes exhaust itself, I can't say enough good things about it. I made a thread with a sub-par video for the sound. Keep in mind its like 6 times louder than it sounds on the video.

#10 ·
So, as a fellow tall-ish person, are you happy you went with the lower FT bars? Your posture looks like it would be painful after a while...like you are uncomfortably dropping your shoulders in order to keep from leaning forward onto the bars. No intent to criticize, just curious. I'm about 6' 1" and think the FT bars looks nice, but have been thinking my back would hate me if I lowered the bars. Hell, I could raise the stock bars 2" and would be more comfortable.

#11 ·
The rollers are kind of awkward. Sometimes, when I'm on the highway my head is just barely above the tank and I support it with my non-throttle hand / arm to support the base of my helmet. Other times I'm leaned forward more and my back is straight. Most of the times he decided to click the shutter, I was in a weird semi awkward lurchish looking position.

I had the FT bars put on pretty early, but the icon bars were slightly more comfortable. Being tall has its draw backs, its the 34" inseam that really plagues me on the bike though.After many rides of many different distances, after 200 miles the only thing that is sore is really my ass and my knees a little bit. Once this starts to set in, I slide to the passenger portion of the seat, allowing my legs to be in a more normal position and I'll do this until my back is uncomfortable. Then rotate back and fourth until I hate myself.

Overall, the FT bars are a great addition. I dont really notice any discomfort on 99% of the rides. I would recommend buying some renthal, pro taper, or another well know handlebar maker though. The FT bars are expensive, and as long as you don't buy fat bars, your stock icon clamps will work just fine.

Hope this helps you decide!

#16 ·
The bike is finally to the point where I felt comfortable getting some photos taken. Just a couple quick rollers and a few still shots.

Modifications List:
FT Bars
Evap Canister deleted
Fork reflectors deleted
Factory decals deleted
Amazon Cheap Bar end mirror
NRC rear fender eliminator / blinkers
NRC snap on front blinkers
Competition Werkes slip on
Carbon-Trader frame plugs
Custom vinyl decals on the wheels and front fender

Before anyone asks, I'm 6'4" without shoes or a helmet on, so yes, I understand I dwarf the bike.

Hope you guys enjoy.
Cheers!
View attachment 3102
Hi, can you tell me what finish the Werkes is? ie Stainless or Titanium etc? Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.