Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My only experience: Denali D2 on my old SuperTenere... didn't care for them.
Low power mode with low beams not strong enough at night.
High power mode light output was kinda ok, but diffuse pattern made street signs reflect back at me too strong.
Messed with the rods & cones.
This was using left pod clear lens/right pod diffuse lens.

There's a great many options nowadays:

Brands:
PIAA
RIGID
ADVMONSTER
CLEARWATER
DENALI
BAJA DESIGNS

...AND OTHERS

They all claim to be the best...

Mounting style/type:
FORK MOUNT
HANDLEBAR/HANDGUARD MOUNT
LIGHT BAR (6"? 10"?)
CRASH BAR MOUNT
ENTIRE HEADLIGHT CONVERSION (MOTODEMIC)

What do you have?
What do you plan to do?
Pics!

(Please keep LED headlight bulb swaps/upgrades out of this thread. Thanks.)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not a Desert Sled, but I went with PIAA mounted on the lower edge of the crash bar. I really wanted them higher up, but there's a restriction on the left hand side with the radiator.
I have them operating off a switch mounting on the handlebar.

In terms of functionality, they certainly provide a nicer view of the full width of the road. .....and potentially additional front-end lighting for on-coming traffic in night/fog conditions.

Overall I'm happy.
20171222_162426.jpg

·
Registered
734 Posts
O2theL
do you have 2 PIAA lights?, 3.5", 5" or 6".
If you can post pictures pf them w & w/o the OEM bike healight.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have two, see picture. They are 3.5", which I think gives the right proportion. Purchased from Revzilla.
Not really sure what picture you mean, but see below.
20180120_111738.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just purchased the Baja Designs S2 Sport, Pair Driving/Combo LED and the overpriced Denali 50mm-60mm fork mount kit/bracket..

I have a BD light on my DRZ and am impressed with it..

Ill get pics up once i get it all up and running.. im sure it wont be until next week..

·
Registered
48 Posts
i got my parts in.. what a pain in the ass.. im not sure how i want to do the wiring..

i got two dif. harness from Baja Designs.. one is pretty simple.. hook up harness to battery, connect lights, flip the switch and the lights are on.. BUT, the lights turn on even if i dont have the keys in the bike.. im afraid ill leave them on by accident and have a dead battery one day..

the other harness has a relay i think, but i need to splice the high beam.. so i took my headlight off.. theres four wires going to the bulb, and its a tight fit in there, the wiring to the bulb in that area has like ZERO slack... and it seem like i gotta drill a larger hole in the fork mounts i got.. to attach the Baja Designs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not a Desert Sled, but I went with PIAA mounted on the lower edge of the crash bar. I really wanted them higher up, but there's a restriction on the left hand side with the radiator.
I have them operating off a switch mounting on the handlebar.

In terms of functionality, they certainly provide a nicer view of the full width of the road. .....and potentially additional front-end lighting for on-coming traffic in night/fog conditions.

Overall I'm happy. View attachment 28425
Hello My friend;

I also ordered piaa lp530 having seen your photos.
I quite like with the retro look plus led technology.
I wonder if do you use any switch or it is connected to the head light please?
is it come up with switch?
I also curious if it is possible to attache it directly to the high beams.

besides, did you buy any additional mounting kit in order to attach to the bar?

thank you very much. Have a nice rides..

very best,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Single PIAA mounted onto the Barkbusters brace.

What kind of mount did you use to installed the piaa light onto the barkbuster brace? Would you mind posting close up pictures?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks bud!

I ordered an lp270 driving light and I plan on mounting it the same way. Then i’ll Mount a fog light on the Passenger side crash bar. I plan on getting the neutrino black box to wire it all up - will post some pics when all is installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mounted a pair of Denali D4s on the SW Motech engine crashguard. Using the Denali Dryseal switch in combination with the DataDim intensity controller, straightforward installation. Works very well in the night, and the dimmed intensity works well as DRLs in the day. Sits just flush along the crash guard extremes, not sure if they can survive a fall. Would have ideally liked to mount them up on the forks positioned below the turn lights, but that would just totally kill the front styling.

20190917_174923-ANIMATION.gif

·
Registered
16 Posts
Installed a Denali D4 via fork tube mount and a pair of Diode Dynamics led switchbacks mounted on barkbusters cover. The led strips have drl and turn signal function. Everything wired through a Neutrino Aurora black box

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts