Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Ducati Sixty2 last Wednesday! Oh how I think the world of it as a versatile naked sport/adventure/cruiser.. (which is it btw??) so here are some things I’ve experienced so far and btw I got it fob.. zero miles on it.
1) I wish I would have had them change the preload before I left the dealership that first day. I rode back two days later after bumps in the rode would make me fly off my seat while also giving the bike more throttle.... super.. it also helped bring my feet flat on the floor. I’m one away from the least amount of load, but everyone will have their preference.
2) I worked the slip on teramagani (spelling?) exhaust into the deal and bought everything during a sales blowout which gave me $1000 off the bike to start. If I would have waited I’d pay for certain the full amount plus install.
3) the handlebars almost feel comically huge and wide. The stainless steel color is the only s.s on the bike period and looks off. After researching the crap out of this and asking friends, I went with the norton classic Hyde “M” bars in black. You can get the cafe racer look or flip them up for a more comfy position that won’t hurt your back.
4) DO NOT INSTALL THE RIZOMA “B Pro” FRAME SLIDERS. They do not fit the bike sturdily. You can make them sturdy by getting rid of the weird extension thing that doesn’t fit right to begin with but now my clutch will get rocked if I crash. These sliders are also very expensive.. trust me look elsewear.
5) I bought the usb plug and play dongle but I can’t get the stupid cap off the thing it goes into.
6) THE HEADLIGHT CONNECTION HAS BEEN A DAILY ISSUE. Mine becomes disconnected almost everyday so I taped it together until my exhaust appt comes. The day after I bought the bike I was pulled over for not having a daytime running light. I went home and took the headlight off to discover the problem and it’s where abouts. If you have this problem the connector is on the rt hand side of the headlight (if you’re standing in front of the headlight).. see that grip of wires.. see two boxes that look like one another’s shape? Take the clip off with a screwdriver and push it back together. You do not need to take off the headlight.
7) the manual is crap
8) the chain gets dry on the outside relatively quickly when riding in extreme heat.
9) R&G makes spindle rear axle slide protectors that also act as bobbins so that you can buy almost any rear stand on the market. Kill those 2 birds kinda action! ☠☠
If anyone has any questions please let me know!
(Yes neutral is hard to find until the bike is warmed up for me and easier to find going down not up.. the clutch lever was harder to pull till I loosened the wheel all the way and screwed it back in till I had 3mm of free action.. these are typical)

·
Registered
892 Posts
6) THE HEADLIGHT CONNECTION HAS BEEN A DAILY ISSUE. Mine becomes disconnected almost everyday so I taped it together until my exhaust appt comes. The day after I bought the bike I was pulled over for not having a daytime running light. I went home and took the headlight off to discover the problem and it’s where abouts. If you have this problem the connector is on the rt hand side of the headlight (if you’re standing in front of the headlight).. see that grip of wires.. see two boxes that look like one another’s shape? Take the clip off with a screwdriver and push it back together. You do not need to take off the headlight.
You do not need to take the clip off. Just push it in to release it then squeeze the two parts of the electrical fittings together and the clip will then re latch itself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
K1W1- Thank you! I experienced yet another light failure today even though it’s taped and I just stuck the suckers together. I’m heading to the dealership tomorrow. No worries though.. it had 0 miles like I said so a kink in the factory setup is something maybe fairly normal?
Also the pics.. will do so when Im next to it again.. (within an hour or 2).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts