Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We've discovered a Ducati Scrambler that stands apart from all others. Taking the advantage of the customization of the Scrambler, or more appropriately, fully exploiting it, the Scrambler team in Thailand has created an off-road beast better suited for post-apocalyptic zombie fighting than for cruising today's streets.

From AutoEvolution.com:
The Scrambler retained its characteristic attire but was dramatically changed. Brushed metal replaces the mellow colors inspired by the '70s, and aggressive lines have been used to stress out the bike's off-road DNA.

The stylish headlight is replaced by a square-ish flat front plate Mad Max could really use. The integrated headlight enjoys four cutaways in the tracker plate to replicate the daytime driving lights of the base model.

Scrambler stands for dirt fun, so the fenders had to go, also because they would most likely not fit any longer after Pirelli Scorpion Rally tires shod the bike.

The brushed tank shows off the texture of the metal, and the aluminium sidepanels were replaced by retro, yet awesomely stylish leather-clad ones. A CNC-machined fuel cap was also used.

Ducati Thailand wrapped the collectors and installed a racey, shorty exhaust can for some extra aggressiveness and possibly, extra horsies. The Scrambler Dirt Track Concept is ready to hit the dirt, but whoever rides it should better be careful on rocky trails: cast wheels are not exactly the best choice for serious off-road.

Check out more photos below:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I could just about have liked that apart from the headlight until I saw the exhaust wrapped up in what might as well be old fashioned insulating tape. What a mess

Reactions: Kem

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
That wouldn't be very practical for me, :rolleyes: No mudguards, and those tyres would be picking so much water up I'd be soaked in minutes,
But its good to have different ideas, and to personalise your Scrambler exactly how you want it, I'm sure in the coming months we'll see even more imaginative ideas, :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Awesome build! There is so many inspiring mods here. I'm very fond of the key relocation, bars, full naked look and integrating the oil cooler into the headlight fairing...brilliant!

·
Registered
37 Posts

We've discovered a Ducati Scrambler that stands apart from all others. Taking the advantage of the customization of the Scrambler, or more appropriately, fully exploiting it, the Scrambler team in Thailand has created an off-road beast better suited for post-apocalyptic zombie fighting than for cruising today's streets.

From AutoEvolution.com:
The Scrambler retained its characteristic attire but was dramatically changed. Brushed metal replaces the mellow colors inspired by the '70s, and aggressive lines have been used to stress out the bike's off-road DNA.

The stylish headlight is replaced by a square-ish flat front plate Mad Max could really use. The integrated headlight enjoys four cutaways in the tracker plate to replicate the daytime driving lights of the base model.

Scrambler stands for dirt fun, so the fenders had to go, also because they would most likely not fit any longer after Pirelli Scorpion Rally tires shod the bike.

The brushed tank shows off the texture of the metal, and the aluminium sidepanels were replaced by retro, yet awesomely stylish leather-clad ones. A CNC-machined fuel cap was also used.

Ducati Thailand wrapped the collectors and installed a racey, shorty exhaust can for some extra aggressiveness and possibly, extra horsies. The Scrambler Dirt Track Concept is ready to hit the dirt, but whoever rides it should better be careful on rocky trails: cast wheels are not exactly the best choice for serious off-road.

Check out more photos below:
The leather covered tank panels were nice though, very well done ,

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
I really like the look, would hate to ride it (no mud guards), and the tape looks terribly done.

I wrapped my pipes on my last bike (Triumph Scrambler) so I like the look, but it was my first time doing it and I think I did a better job than what these guys did. Seems like it was an afterthought done at the very last minute before the pictures were taken.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I totally dig this. Things I would do to my scrambler based off of what I see here:
- Centered Instrument gage with a new bracket
- Bar risers with a fatter sumo style bend - keeps the overall bar height similar to stock but looks beefier than stock.
- Upgraded levers and cable routing
- Leather covered side panels

Overall I like it, looks fun!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'll tell you what is scarier than that scrambler... taking the stock suspention on anything but a gravel road.

Sorry, I'm calling crap window dressing on this one. It looks like the equivalent of a rally spec'd smart car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Why do so many people have to write negative comments to photos of bikes. It doesn’t matter in this case as it’s a company bike but I’ve seen it time and again when people have posted pics of their pride and joy. Style is very subjective, and to illiterate my point I’m going to break my own rule and say that the only thing I don’t like about this bike (apart from the exhaust wrap) is the leather panel on the tank, which is the one thing most people liked. If you haven’t got anything positive to say why say anything!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts