Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read about some of the problems encountered with it I am considering leaving the fitting of aftermarket parts until the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've removed the canister, took off the catalytic converter, remapped and put a power commander on, removed o2 sensors, changed the gearing and many cosmetic changes and had no warranty issues. My bike is in the the shop for the 7500 mile service right now and dealer hasn't mentioned a word about aftermarket parts. Have the bike you want.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Have you made any claims under the warranty?
I did, new front disk, new section for the exhaust and new fuel pump all had no issues with the warranty in fact it was a pleasure to deal with the Ducati service team apart from the sales guy said I should of put a match to it after the fuel pump connector broke and poured fuel over me and the bike, then offered me £4500 ( that was july 2016) for a 15 month old bike!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've had 2 warranty claims. 1 for a new headlight and 1 for a new gas tank although Ducati wouldn't pay the labor on the tank which is $73.

·
Registered
292 Posts
In the US, though, we have the Magnussen-Moss Warranty Act, which among other things stipulates that if a manufacturer is going to turn down a warranty claim due to aftermarket parts or modifications, they have to be able to show how the modification lead to the failure. In other words, if you put an LED headlight on your bike and later had a fuel injector problem or something like that, they couldn't deny you warranty service for the fueling system because of the headlight.

I don't know where the UK stands with stuff like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts