Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi , anyone know how the to fit the Evotech bash plate , if it doe's not affect the engine bolts for fitting I am interested , cheers for any info .
No instructions on their website yet but says it takes 10 mins to fit and I assume it uses a bracket attached somewhere.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No instructions on their website yet but says it takes 10 mins to fit and I assume it uses a bracket attached somewhere.
hi TC3 , yes I agree , from the photo it looks as if it is easy to fit , I am interested but will wait until someone posts some diy fitting instructions , think this might do the job of keeping muck and stones off engine , needs to come off easy for oil filter changes , cheers .

·
Registered
219 Posts
I didn't trust the fact that if you bash something it applies stress to places that I don't want aluminum breaking or cracking.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah, that or the engine case bolts as well. Then again, the factory belly pan ALSO uses engine bolts with auxiliary brackets. I bought it yesterday when I got my bike, but had to leave it with a friend who lives in the city where I bought the bike, so I don't know just how bad the design is yet :) I suppose if you don't have a frame down there, you gotta do what you gotta do. The Evotech is 119 dollars and the OEM is 130 dollars. I kind of like the whole swiss cheese thing going on with the OEM and was surprised that it was made from thick aluminum.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I think both will do a good job, I have the OEM one, with the Evotech one I'd want to take it off regularly to clean the crud that get built up behind it,

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think both will do a good job, I have the OEM one, with the Evotech one I'd want to take it off regularly to clean the crud that get built up behind it,
The Evotech one has pretty good clearance so no need to remove like you think

·
Registered
204 Posts
Its not that I am gonna do much offroading with the bike ore something. Therefore i chose for the OEM one, looks prettier to me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just ordered one of these. Seem like a good option and if it's like the other Evotech stuff will be top quality.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I looked for a US distributor but I am guessing that Evotech is Euro only? I guess they will ship to the US but I am questioning the cost there to do so.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts