Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
301 - 320 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcomes and thumbs ups.. It's Duc #3 for me and every other has always been red. GT1000 & 1000S ... and as the good lady wife said to me, "Don't you think you should get a different color for a change?!" :D
I forgot what a slippery slope Ducati ownership was.. Already bookmarking Dart screens, Werks Slipons, Comfort seats, CRG barends and FT bars. Aint even got the damn thing yet haha. I'd love a tail tidy but the local popo tend to have a lack of sense of humor about such things. A PUK is definitely on the horizon too.. Greg/WASP hooked me up years ago with my GT-1000 and the difference it made was night/day. Time to get a better paying day job.. ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow, it's so new and clean and shiny! I salute your choice of color. My riding season has ended for the year so wheeled it into the house for the usual winter cleanup / oil change / modfest.

Post your impressions when you get it, let us know how it feels and compares.

Congrats!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Will do and I promise it won't stay that shiny for long! The weather is warming up here thankfully, not that it ever gets "that" cold.. but it's nice to have the sun on your back while you're belting along at a furious pace. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stressfest- I would love to hear how any performance mod's improve power. If it lifts the front wheel in 2nd like I wished it would then I'd spend the money necessary.

Reactions: Stressfest

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcomes and thumbs ups.. It's Duc #3 for me and every other has always been red. GT1000 & 1000S ... and as the good lady wife said to me, "Don't you think you should get a different color for a change?!" :D
I forgot what a slippery slope Ducati ownership was.. Already bookmarking Dart screens, Werks Slipons, Comfort seats, CRG barends and FT bars. Aint even got the damn thing yet haha. I'd love a tail tidy but the local popo tend to have a lack of sense of humor about such things. A PUK is definitely on the horizon too.. Greg/WASP hooked me up years ago with my GT-1000 and the difference it made was night/day. Time to get a better paying day job.. ;)

You are going to love this bike! I have it and cannot tell you how much fun it is.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Had some awesome news today.. Why wait for a Thursday delivery when you can have it Tuesday instead!! Pick her up tomorrow... One sleep and counting :D
Full disclosure.. I'm a little excited. Can you tell? ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah buddy!! :D
And so the madness begins.. Have a Dart screen coming and picking up a set of FT bars, should be here mid week. Going to wait until the first service and then I think the racing Termignonis will be on it too. Although there are so many options to mull over.. but bang for the buck, as far as plug and play goes.. the Termis seem to be the best option.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like the look of that one and the single can. Hoping to maybe find a second hand unit on fleabay, maybe from someone who's moving from the Termis to something else.. They're stupidly expensive here and with that import duty.. *insert groan here* haha
I absolutely love this bike!! Really looking forward to clocking up some serious miles/km's over the xmas holidays. ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I put my deposit down on a yellow Icon today, due in May. I rode one last summer when my local dealer put one on demo, and just loved it. Could not pull the trigger at the time, was waiting (seemed like forever) for a first run Indian Scout, that finally happened, so things have settled down, and I'm in a good place and don't have to trade in a bike to do it. One other nice thing about waiting until now, it looks like there are plenty of aftermarket exhausts and parts available a year later. Looking forward to catching up with the forum and seeing what you all are up to with your Scramblers! Thanks to NickJ who runs herd over the Indian forum as well, looks like another great group of people and info.

·
Registered
29 Posts
As a person waiting for a bike to come in since last November I can relate to the long period of time spent searching through forums and putting together wish lists of things I want to do with the bike when I get it. For me its the 16 R1 that I plan on using it for track days. It should be here in the next few weeks.

301 - 320 of 353 Posts