Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The horn!

My 2015 Icon had a tiny horn that even had issues making ANY noise in the highway. The horn in my 2019 is much louder now.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have a 2015 Icon. You're right, it can't really bollock anyone can it. Possibly make them laugh. Didn't realise they'd beefed it up - good idea if they have for the rare occasion I'd need it.

·
Registered
891 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
I looked at those early on in my ownership but couldn't really work out how to fit them 'neatly'. I only do 3 - 4k a year and in 3+ years I've used the horn twice to no obvious effect!
They use the same fitting as the standard horn. They should be a straight swap.
I have one on the Tiger and use it extensively on cycle events (ever heard those motorcycles tooting in the Tour de France?). I works well in the peleton that's for sure but it is not loud enough to scare riders like an air horn would. Because it is a lower pitch it also gives the impression of a bigger vehicle. It is more towards the truck horn noise than the bicycle bell noise like many motorcycle horns are.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
They use the same fitting as the standard horn. They should be a straight swap.
I have one on the Tiger and use it extensively on cycle events (ever heard those motorcycles tooting in the Tour de France?). I works well in the peleton that's for sure but it is not loud enough to scare riders like an air horn would. Because it is a lower pitch it also gives the impression of a bigger vehicle. It is more towards the truck horn noise than the bicycle bell noise like many motorcycle horns are.
I may well have another look. Cheers K1W1.
(Added later) :) I see the error of my ways now. I wasn't looking at the mini version last time around. I may well give this a go for 30 bucks.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I well well have another look. Cheers K1W1.
(Added later) :) I see the error of my ways now. I wasn't looking at the mini version last time around. I may well give this a go for 30 bucks.

This is mine fitted on the Tiger. I have it on the side because the bicycle riders are on our left when we pass them and also the OEM horn is under the front beak and has the crash bar directly under it so it was going to be a two hour disassembly job to swap them (5 minutes without the crash bars) so I just extended the wires.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Denali mini soundbomb installed on my other bike, it sounds much better my only problem with it is the slight delay between when you press the button and when the sounds comes out, yeah, it is less than a second but I like to do a series of on/off presses to warn pedestrians sometimes and the Denali one sucks at that.

Other than the slight delay, it is the best $30 upgrade you can do to your bike, I agree.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Never even heard the horn on my 2015 Icon...... I just rev the after market can to let em know am there :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Just an FYI.

I bought the Denali Mini Soundbomb… It's not a direct swap for the OEM horn. I'm not even sure it will fit where the OEM horn is located, it's really tight in there. I have no time to play at the moment but likely will sometime soon. If in the meantime anyone here has already tackled this please let me know your solution/s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts