Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

2041 - 2060 of 2082 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Awesome.
It must be soooo good to have mainland Europe as your back yard....how was the Scrambler as a light tourer?
Personally I think it would be very good.
Enough power and legs for the distance and whatever terrain without the ever present "let's go faster" of my Diavel and the just plain "bulk" of my WideGlide..
I have a mate who I've previously toured with, him on his Evo Softail and me on the Glide...
He also owns a Triumph Scrambler.
I think it and the 1100 would make good tour mates, perhaps around Tasmania where the distances are not huge and the sheer number of corners negate the need for outright power and speed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My wife and me had Harley in the past and last ones were 2 BMW R1200GS - but those got too heavy for us for the curvy roads here in Switzerland and fun use only. So we changed 2019 - after a visit of an fair where we felt in love with the scrambler designs - to Ducati. My wife drives a Ducati Scrambler 800 now, mine is a Scrambler 1100. There is enough space for short trips up to some days - we dropped the plan for global traveller tours of months on the bike. We have not denied the change so far - but maybe there will be an Harley Road King in the garage as "supplement bike" just for fun but not for the curvy roads. We will see.
I just can recommend to test one of those scramlers ..... and get "infected". There is no need of >140 HP to have fun, but also no need for >210 kg for that. Try it!

Best Regards

Kurt

·
Registered
45 Posts
surfguy posted...

"I just can recommend to test one of those scramlers ..... and get "infected". There is no need of >140 HP to have fun, but also no need for >210 kg for that. Try it!"

You are absolutely right.
I bought the Scrambler last August and have put just over 6000kms on it since.
My wife loves it (pillion).
She basically refuses (as best she can) to ride on the Diavel.
She likes the Harley a lot but is totally satisfied with the Scrambler 1100.
Karin currently rides an Aprilia "twist n go" but I have suggested (and she seems interested) to move up a class with licence and go with the Scrambler 62...
We have ridden together all over Australia on many different bikes and she likes the 1100 more than pretty well all of them.
We are 60/62 now and this is a bit of a Goldilocks bike in that it does "just about" everything "just right".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice to see that you also take it easy now! I had the Diavel last year for one day when my bike was in service - and if I would buy one of those my driving license would be gone after max. 2 months. Impossible to run this on allowed speed - a masterpiece like a rocket. But optically not nice in my eyes.....

Enjoy the summer in your place - we got fresh snow here in Switzerland today and it will continue for the next days. Night temperatures below -10°C..... We will have to wait for end of March to start our bikes again in the Swiss Alps!

2041 - 2060 of 2082 Posts