Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
2121 - 2140 of 2162 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, now that it's back from the cylinder repairs I just can't stay off the lil' 'Rambler...so we went out for a cruise through the local Barossa Valley countryside.
Here we are on Seppeltsfield Road Marananga, one of the classic Barossa tourist zones.

We were having a good time on cruisy backroads and in fact just starting to head home when BANG...something hit my (open face) lid.

As I have an anaphylactic reaction (and very serious ones at times) to most every bee sting I encounter, we pulled up at the side of the highway.
Within only a couple of minutes I was in a pretty bad way (again..last one only 3 months ago).
Playing it smart this time we called 000 and then Kaz hit me with the Epipen.

Ambo arrived quickly and transported me to Tanunda Hospital.
Spent a few hours there under observation taking into account the antihistamine/adrenaline injection I had been administered.
All good after a few hours and one of the staff even ran us back out to the bike when she finished her shift.

Now that's dedication for ya!

Thanks to Toni and all the staff at the hospy, plus all those who pulled up at the scene of the bee's demise. :cool:

OK, hope ya like the photos..cheers.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well, now that it's back from the cylinder repairs I just can't stay off the lil' 'Rambler...so we went out for a cruise through the local Barossa Valley countryside.
Here we are on Seppeltsfield Road Marananga, one of the classic Barossa tourist zones.

We were having a good time on cruisy backroads and in fact just starting to head home when BANG...something hit my (open face) lid.

As I have an anaphylactic reaction (and very serious ones at times) to most every bee sting I encounter, we pulled up at the side of the highway.
Within only a couple of minutes I was in a pretty bad way (again..last one only 3 months ago).
Playing it smart this time we called 000 and then Kaz hit me with the Epipen.

Ambo arrived quickly and transported me to Tanunda Hospital.
Spent a few hours there under observation taking into account the antihistamine/adrenaline injection I had been administered.
All good after a few hours and one of the staff even ran us back out to the bike when she finished her shift.

Now that's dedication for ya!

Thanks to Toni and all the staff at the hospy, plus all those who pulled up at the scene of the bee's demise. :cool:

OK, hope ya like the photos..cheers.

Bloody hell! Not what you want on a spin in such beautiful surroundings!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ahhh...the "Scrambler's Scrambler"...if only my legs were about two inches longer...hahahahah
Whereabouts is the photo taken?
The photo is from a place called Las Batuecas, a valley region in the Salamanca Provice of Spain. It was a fun 800km trip and loved the bike although at 170cm (5' 7) and with my riding boots, stops in uneven surfaces were "exciting" and "fun" 😂. I had the chance to ride in some easy dirt roads with my rear ABS off (a first for me) and managed to drop the bike only once. Handguards, crash bars and bulky footpegs did their job well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,134 ·
Looking good , the bike suits the panniers , keep the updates coming .
Sorry to disappoint, but there won’t be any more updates. This was my last trip on my Sled. I’m trading it on a new 2022 Tiger 900 Rally Pro on Saturday.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry to disappoint, but there won’t be any more updates. This was my last trip on my Sled. I’m trading it on a new 2022 Tiger 900 Rally Pro on Saturday.
Was just going to write that you’ve created a really nice, lightweight, mid-sized ADV bike. (And light makes right when it comes to dirt.)
Now? Oh well... Hope the new bike suits you!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,136 · (Edited)
Was just going to write that you’ve created a really nice, lightweight, mid-sized ADV bike. (And light makes right when it comes to dirt.)
Now? Oh well... Hope the new bike suits you!
I've really been enjoying this bike for the last 4 years! It's a weird feeling deciding to get rid of a bike that I absolutely love. But I love ADV style riding, and it's the main thing I look forward to doing on my bike every season. Long multi-day trips with dual sport style riding and exploring, while camping along the way. I've been doing this with my Desert Sled for 4 years, and the bike just keeps reminding me it's not meant for this, no matter how fun it is or how cool it looks. The DS is much better as a daily hooning toy than as an ADV bike.

The Tiger 900 dry is only about 20 lbs more and it carries it lower, so from a "lightwieght" or "mid-sized" ADV perspective a Tiger is not really a step back. For literally anything ADV related, the Tiger tops it, and it should for the price.

Here's another pic keep the thread on topic! This was after we rescued my bike from deep in the woods because the rear exhaust exit cooked the battery on a trail. This was after only about an hour of slow speeds in 90 degree heat. The battery was so hot I couldn't touch it. I had to make a 3 hour round trip on my buddy's brand new Tiger 900 to go buy a new battery from the nearest Fleet store. I had been eyeballing that bike already, but the extended test ride made me realize there are far better weapons for this activity.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,137 ·
Another from the same trip, this picture on a trail in Superior National Forest in northern MN (about 30m before the battery fried). I'm leading the group with some GPS tracks I wanted to explore. Took the pic while cooling off in the shade after a series of rocky hill climbs.

2121 - 2140 of 2162 Posts