Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to talk to my dealer tomorrow in Sacramento about an Icon. Looked at the various ones and would have loved an Enduro if it wasn't for the spoked wheels. But besides that I have a question for all those out there that have put a deposit down.

Aren't you a bit hesitant in that being a new model that hasn't really had much reporting done on it that you're taking a chance or are you that confident it's going to be what you really want?

I am hesitant to pre-order anything I haven't had a chance to look at and at least sit on before deciding. Am I being overly cautious here or are you guys and girls that pre-order just optimistic that everything will be great no matter what?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have very little trepidation about it,, the engine is new but not really ,, almost all the internals are parts bin stuff from previous monster series,, cams have special profiles leaning towards torque production as is the single 50 mm two stage injector stack ( an old hotrodder trick feeding two cylinders with one intake to keep velocities up),as close to a flat track bike as you can get in a road bike aside from the higher bars,,, and I'm sure the aftermarket and/ or ducati themselves will have different bars and footpeg and suspension setups in different heights so you can tailor the bike to your exact wants or needs,,, I have an enduro ,, great for everything but the freeway,,

·
Registered
127 Posts
Anyways the scrambler is only a couple inches smaller on the front wheel to be real close to the way adventure bikes are now,, altho it is lighter,, my enduro is more of a dirtbike with lites

1 - 5 of 5 Posts