Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much of a pain would this be ? I like the sound but I want a lower-profile exhaust. And I could sell the pipes.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It shouldn't be that hard. The most difficult part will be getting the header off of the rear cylinder. Taking the muffler and the rest off will take about 10 - 15 minutes.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Why, O WHY would you do that? The pipes you have ARE awesome in both looks and performance. Low-profile smlow smofile. Keep it and ride HARD!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I added a high termi to my UE over the new year and love it for the looks and sound.
The two negatives are that it limits storage on the exhaust side and your right leg just sits slightly out a little. I have a Multistrada for real trips though, so neither are a big deal for me.

As already pointed out the tricky bit is to remove the rear header. I had to unbolt the battery box and juggle things around quite a bit to make it work.

I have a complete stock exhaust with a 1000 miles on it you can have for a very nominal amount - $50?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I know. I'm being weird about the good pipes I have. I just wanted something low and all black.

Is this something they can remove during the desmo service or a completely different thing that will take a few hours ?

·
Registered
734 Posts
It shouldn't be that hard. The most difficult part will be getting the header off of the rear cylinder. Taking the muffler and the rest off will take about 10 - 15 minutes.
agree, you will have to remove the battery, lift battery tray to provide some space to be able to remove the rear cylinder header, is really a MAJOR PIA:BangHead::angry4:. I have the experience when installing the SC Project full exhaust.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah I know. I'm being weird about the good pipes I have. I just wanted something low and all black.

Is this something they can remove during the desmo service or a completely different thing that will take a few hours ?
I think there will be no significant $ benefit to doing this during a Desmo service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts