Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A quick guide if you want to slow your throttle action down, even though I was happy with mine, I thought I would go and investigate while I was waiting for some paint to dry, I did try it on my and it does slow it down, having said that i only did it a very small amount probably took off less than 0.5 mm.

IMG_0888.JPG
IMG_0889.JPG
IMG_0891.JPG
IMG_0892.JPG

remove cap in pic 1, throttle cam exposed pic 2, I took off approx 0.5mm between the 2 points in pic 3 and 4,
I used a small file to reduce the lobe on the throttle tub, you try this at your own risk,

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
A quick guide if you want to slow your throttle action down, even though I was happy with mine, I thought I would go and investigate while I was waiting for some paint to dry, I did try it on my and it does slow it down, having said that i only did it a very small amount probably took off less than 0.5 mm.

View attachment 752 View attachment 753 View attachment 754 View attachment 755

remove cap in pic 1, throttle cam exposed pic 2, I took off approx 0.5mm between the 2 points in pic 3 and 4,
I used a small file to reduce the lobe on the throttle tub, you try this at your own risk,
Fair play to you, it could have been a fail and left you with a problematic throttle like the cable sliding off etc. and no bike for a few days.
If it's a success there will be others doing your mod.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had the bike for 3 days. I like the throttle. I don't see what the problem is.
As I said. I did not have a problem with mine, but some people are complaining, perhaps some of the other people have a throttle tube that is slightly out of tolerance, after all its only a bit of mass produced plastic.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I rotated the handlebars one click (or notch) towards the rider. That made the world of difference. The original set-up had my wrists at awkward position and made delicate moves on the throttle a bit hard. Mind you I'm on the short side (170cm / 5ft7in) so may not work for taller riders but worth a try, takes just a minute.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Still waiting on my classic and my first Ducati, do all throttle cables curve that way? seems a daft way to do it personally any small blemish / roughness in that set up will play havoc with throttle action imo so if mine has the same issue will be looking at the throttle assembly as a whole and see if a can source a straight exit throttle. What size are the bars?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
22 mm Mugwump or just a touch under 7/8"
I know you're referring to the Classic Elvisto.
I just thought I would add for others. That the Full Throttle is 28mm or 1"1/8 Fat bar.
Still waiting on my classic and my first Ducati, do all throttle cables curve that way? seems a daft way to do it personally any small blemish / roughness in that set up will play havoc with throttle action imo so if mine has the same issue will be looking at the throttle assembly as a whole and see if a can source a straight exit throttle. What size are the bars?
The brake hose is to emulate the dirt bike style with long travel suspension. It doesn't apply to the Scrambler for two reasons. Form over function.
1st.; It doesn't have long travel suspension.
2nd.; The hose does not go to the calliper, it goes to the ABS unit under the seat.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I know you're referring to the Classic Elvisto.
I just thought I would add for others. That the Full Throttle is 28mm or 1"1/8 Fat bar.

The brake hose is to emulate the dirt bike style with long travel suspension. It doesn't apply to the Scrambler for two reasons. Form over function.
1st.; It doesn't have long travel suspension.
2nd.; The hose does not go to the calliper, it goes to the ABS unit under the seat.
Um! Not sure what your on about I'm talking about throttle cable exiting the handlebar enclosure at a left hand curve!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am aware of throttle cables exiting throttle housing straight but then entering a Metal tube that then curves left but that is metal and away from the housing. They work fine!
I had one on a sporty I built, barely had to touch the throtle to move the beast ( rebuilt engine putting out best part of 100 brake, race ignition free flow carb etc )

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Um! Not sure what your on about I'm talking about throttle cable exiting the handlebar enclosure at a left hand curve!
I know you're talking about the throttle cable. But it's tied to the brake hose !. Which takes the same line. There is only one throttle cable on the Scrambler.
If you don't like the route of the throttle cable it goes without saying you also don't like the route of the brake hose. No ?

·
Registered
150 Posts
No not really!
Its only the exit of the cable not it's route after that all might look pretty with all cables tied/ routed together but I'll probably go have another look at the bike whilst waiting for mine to turn up! Eons already!
Besides it might be fine and not bother me hopefully !

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
No not really!
Its only the exit of the cable not it's route after that all might look pretty with all cables tied/ routed together but I'll probably go have another look at the bike whilst waiting for mine to turn up! Eons already!
Besides it might be fine and not bother me hopefully !
I gotya, it threw me when you mentioned the 'curve'
I was wondering about the adjuster sticking out the top too, I'll try to have it exiting below when I re-do the cable & hose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So has anyone else given this method a go? I'm keen to know how you get on as I did find the throttle on the demo bike a bit snatchy so I might be looking to alter mine when it arrives.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts