Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m still breaking my bike in (I’m at ~300 miles), the throttle feels unnatural to me. I’ve seen some other discussions where folks feel the response is too fast. I feel like the response is unnaturally slow. Also, when I blip the throttle on downshifts there’s no blip. It’s like the throttle input was ignored. I love the grunt the bike has but at times it feels like driving a cement truck. The throttle response doesn’t feel like a bike with an throttle cable to me. Have others noticed this?

·
Registered
65 Posts
What model are you riding? I have a 2020 Pro Sport and have no such issues. Feels fine to me with good low speed modulation too. Down shift blips are no problem. The middle Journey map feels the most natural, the Active one is too snappy for smooth riding at times.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can't really relate to that, throttle response on my bike feels crisp to me. Have you checked the riding modes yet? I could imagine that as a reason...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the 1100. I ride it in active mode mostly. Getting away from a stop or low speed city riding can occasionally feel a bit snappy, but not too bad. The throttle response doesn’t feel as immediate as a throttle cable. But, like I mentioned, the main thing is when I blip the throttle it gives me nothing. I may need to take the bike in for a check.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you twist the throttle and nothing happens I'd say that's a pretty big red flag worth taking it in for... Mine has a relatively large amount of free play which is a small nuisance, but after the free play is taken up it feels just like a normal throttle I don't think I could tell if I was blindfolded.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you twist the throttle and nothing happens I'd say that's a pretty big red flag worth taking it in for... Mine has a relatively large amount of free play which is a small nuisance, but after the free play is taken up it feels just like a normal throttle I don't think I could tell if I was blindfolded.
Ya, I better take it in. It doesn’t feel right. Went for another ride this evening just to make sure I’m not crazy. My throttle doesn’t blip. I practically have to pin it (to me that’s not a blip) to get a small response. I’ll follow up with what I find out from the dealer.

·
Registered
802 Posts
The 1100 doesn't have a throttle cable... it's ride by wire. hence the synthetic feeling.

Pretty much any bike that has engine modes and traction control, needs ride by wire to achieve this.
It shouldn't be so unresponsive that you can't blip it though, but I do remember the 1100 engine and throttle being much slower to respond than the 800.

Think it's a combination of the electric throttle and larger engine.
If you wan't to improve the engine response, a decat exhaust and remap will help. The cat really stifles the engine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 1100 doesn't have a throttle cable... it's ride by wire. hence the synthetic feeling.

Pretty much any bike that has engine modes and traction control, needs ride by wire to achieve this.
It shouldn't be so unresponsive that you can't blip it though, but I do remember the 1100 engine and throttle being much slower to respond than the 800.

Think it's a combination of the electric throttle and larger engine.
If you wan't to improve the engine response, a decat exhaust and remap will help. The cat really stifles the engine.
I Agree. I may need do this. Sigh...engine modes or throttle cable. I will take throttle cable every time. But, such is the modern world.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I Agree. I may need do this. Sigh...engine modes or throttle cable. I will take throttle cable every time. But, such is the modern world.
Yeah I think TC and rider modes on the 1100 was a total waste of time. The bike only has 10bhp more than the 800 and plenty of grip, it's not like a 200bhp superbike that needs electronics to be usable. Even on my Hyper, I set the engine/ABS/TC modes within the first week of owning it and never really touched them again.

I with they'd stuck with the 800 philosophy and kept it simple as possible but I suspect I do not represent the average potential customer and you need toys to get the sales.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The throttle response in active is a little less then the 800(first series) but is still very fast and responsive. One of the smoothest injected bikes I've ever ridden.
Personally I like to have traction control and corner ABS. I never thought I needed traction control but if it doesn't interfere with the riding like on the 1100 I think it's nice to know there are some systems watching your back when the weather or roads are less then optimal. I've ridden bikes for 27 years but I take this new tech over the old days any day.
It sounds like your bike needs to be looked at because you should be able to blip the throttle just fine. Sounds like something needs adjusting or resetting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts