Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
I love how when people report that the throttle is way too touchy others chime in and say "it's fine for me, or even better... "infer that others just don't have a smooth throttle hand".

I have been riding motorcycles for about 32 years. Can't remember if I was 10 or 11 when I got my first kx80. I was a pretty successful racer when I was younger and also enjoy trials riding now. Trials riding takes way more throttle control than riding a street bike ever will.

Belive me when I say, some of the scramblegs have an aweful throttle. Mine is ok I suppose but definitely NOT what I expected from a Ducati. I stopped by the dealer the other day and was asked..how d you like your scrambler? I said it's great except for the ridiculous throttle response curved. He immediately said "oh yeah, the trigger throttle, we are working on that".

For what it's worth, he did say that deleting the California emissions canister would help a little bit so I'm going to try that thus weekend.

Maybe I will look into a throttle tamer. Applying a surgically small amount of throttle and having the bike jerk forward on a nice smooth turn is really a drag.

· Registered
114 Posts
Thumper.. man that sucks. I can't believe the difference thr canister delete made on mine. Perhaps it's partly in my head, but it honestly does feel much smoother on the low end.

Do you think how you break it in would Mae a difference? I don't want to start a break in thread but my scrambler had 1.7 miles on it when I got it and I immediately drove it like a raped ape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.