Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any recos besides the pirelli mt60s? in need of a new set and seeing if i can save some $ on different tires. usage would be normal street/highway riding.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Avon AV54 Trailrider, great tire with great ratings, Tread is deep, and a decent pattern. Deals can be had on ebay and other online venues. I think I paid just over $100 a piece for them. If you want a more agressive tread, the Shinko 804/805 is a good value. I have them on my dual sport.

I think the Avon will be better on the Ducati, being more of a road bike anyway.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Avon AV54 Trailrider, great tire with great ratings, Tread is deep, and a decent pattern. Deals can be had on ebay and other online venues. I think I paid just over $100 a piece for them. If you want a more agressive tread, the Shinko 804/805 is a good value. I have them on my dual sport.

I think the Avon will be better on the Ducati, being more of a road bike anyway.
cool. did you get the matching av53 for the front tire as well?

i think i want to avoid anything too aggressive though. i dont need any extra road noise and 95% of my riding is on normal paved roads anyway.

i keep reading that the pirelli mt60s have a very short lifespan.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm giving the Bridgstone AX41S a shot shortly (have them at home, but have to mount them yet).
Just priced these out and watched a review on them. They seem pretty solid and are cheaper than the pirellis. Might give them a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
43 Posts
cool. did you get the matching av53 for the front tire as well?

i think i want to avoid anything too aggressive though. i dont need any extra road noise and 95% of my riding is on normal paved roads anyway.

i keep reading that the pirelli mt60s have a very short lifespan.
Yes, av53 front. I was surprised at how competitive they were in price. Didn't figure I could afford a top shelf tire.

I've had Avon and Continentals and both have performed well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts