Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When removing the tank on the 1100 the fuel line does not disconnect like the 800. The connector has a plastic circular piece around it and if you look closely you can see 2 clips holding in the connection at say N & S. If you pinch the circular piece at E & W it releases the clips and you can pull out the connection. Easy Peasy.
I realise that I may have posted this in the wrong place but what the heck it’s late and I’m tired.

·
Registered
835 Posts
When removing the tank on the 1100 the fuel line does not disconnect like the 800. The connector has a plastic circular piece around it and if you look closely you can see 2 clips holding in the connection at say N & S. If you pinch the circular piece at E & W it releases the clips and you can pull out the connection. Easy Peasy.
I realise that I may have posted this in the wrong place but what the heck it’s late and I’m tired.
I have no idea but you could always considder putting a quick connecter somewhere in the fuell line if you really can't get it loose. I think asking a tech at the dealer might be helpfull.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Skippy it’s not like you, I think you have misunderstood the post.
I am telling you how to do it and it’s easy. Mine is all in bits and the tank is away being lacquered.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Skippy it’s not like you, I think you have misunderstood the post.
I am telling you how to do it and it’s easy. Mine is all in bits and the tank is away being lacquered.
Hahaha, I certainly misunderstood, probably didn't read the complete post and replied to soon

·
Registered
119 Posts
Gasman , thanks for sharing your experience. It will come in handy when it comes time to remove an 1100 tank

I’d read some horror stories about the early 800 tank removal process; not sure if Ducati has changed the 800 design to something less prone to breaking.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If I ever feel compelled to remove the tank, I will simply cut the fuel line flush and insert quick releases and hose clamp them down to make all future jobs easier.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I ever feel compelled to remove the tank, I will simply cut the fuel line flush and insert quick releases and hose clamp them down to make all future jobs easier.
No need for all that work. It’s very easy to remove trust me I’m a gasman.

·
Registered
210 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts