Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi team Scrambler!

I'd like to remove my tank for painting and am hoping for some tips/guidance?

I've lifted and shifted tanks before but never had to disconnect the fuel line to remove the tank completely. Any guidance on how to do this without spraying fuel all over myself and the bike would be much appreciated. Any tips at all would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I have no clue, but read this about tanks and EFI in general:

"- Lift up the back of the tank and disconnect the electrical line to the fuel pump.
- Stick in the key and run through a start sequence.

You have now relieved the fuel pressure in the line and it will be much easier to remove. Much."

Again-- that's just something I read in a general discussion. I have very little experience with EFI bikes and hope to learn myself.

Sarah

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no clue, but read this about tanks and EFI in general:

"- Lift up the back of the tank and disconnect the electrical line to the fuel pump.
- Stick in the key and run through a start sequence.

You have now relieved the fuel pressure in the line and it will be much easier to remove. Much."

Again-- that's just something I read in a general discussion. I have very little experience with EFI bikes and hope to learn myself.

Sarah
Thanks Sarah :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi team Scrambler!

I'd like to remove my tank for painting and am hoping for some tips/guidance?

I've lifted and shifted tanks before but never had to disconnect the fuel line to remove the tank completely. Any guidance on how to do this without spraying fuel all over myself and the bike would be much appreciated. Any tips at all would be awesome!
Got any more infos ? Im planning to do the same next week end ! Thanks :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info on this thread. Gave me enough inspiration to try it on my own. Still couldn't figure it out though so I ended up cutting the gas lines to get it off. I was planning to put fuel line quick connects in, but ended up taking it to Ducati to put new fuel lines in instead. The connectors seemed large and I wasn't sure how they'd fit when putting the tank back on. Mechanic showed how to get the fuel lines off. Glad I cut them - I would have never been able to do it in such a tight space.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
As of last week we've a block with two pins that fits under the tank so you can get your hands in to separate the connectors, but it's still alittle tricky.

Geoff.

btw it's an official Ducati workshop tool.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looking nice. Im planning to do the same this winter. My plastidip is fading :(

Envoyé de mon SM-G900W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello

As it seems that disconnecting the hoses from the tank is not that easy, I think that it could be a good idea to cut the hoses before this connection and install between both parts of the hose a quick-connect system.

I'll certainly do that when the warranty will be finished and when I'll start to service my bike myself.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
It's tight under there, vincelp, so I'd hope the quick-connects are small and tidy. I come from carbs and petcocks, so I know beans about it. I hope you'll soon be taking a look and let us know what you think.

Sarah

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thanks for the picture, those look small enough to work most anywhere. I'm anxious to hear more about this once you've had a peep under the tank. Thanks again.

Sarah

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hello

Here are the quick connectors I would use : don't you think we can find some place for them ?
I hope you're not intending to use these spring clips to hold the hoses onto the barbs. There is 3 bars of pressure. You will need proper hose clamps.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts