Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I wonder about 15, too. Something we found helpful: At the start, push down 14 along with A; this seemed to help break the grip A's little fingers have on 14.

Sarah

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have the same "Workshop" manual. It gives no idea about (15) either and is pretty useless about how to separate the fuel union. Thanks to Rick for posting a clear description of how to separate them.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Good evening. I removed the tank some days ago and want to put it back now. Unfortunately I did not mark which hose belongs to which hole in the pump. The holes are marked with grey and white rings but the hoses look equal. Is anyone able to help?

·
Registered
266 Posts

Good evening. I removed the tank some days ago and want to put it back now. Unfortunately I did not mark which hose belongs to which hole in the pump. The holes are marked with grey and white rings but the hoses look equal. Is anyone able to help?
When I put mine back I connected the hose on the right to the right fitting and the hose on the left to the left fitting.

I don't know colors due to the fact I did it by feel I couldn't lift the tank enough to see things clearly.

Bike runs without issue.

-Bob

Reactions: rogers11

·
Registered
759 Posts
Since the pressure regulator is in the tank it shouldn't really matter it shouldn't really matter which way round they are connected.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No, everything as described in the thread. But my wife hold the tank while I removed the hoses. However it took some time to get the hoses back in place without folding them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Used this thread to help remove the tank today and have to say it went way easier than i was expecting thanks to the tips in here. I’d already removed my EVAP canister so the breather hoses weren’t a problem at all and the fuel connects were cake when both pushed in together and then hold the collar and pull on the nipple. Providing a few photos so anyone wondering what it’s gonna look like knows what they’re going into. I will say the fuel pump electrical connector is in a dumb spot so I had to twist the one fuel line so that the nipple would clear upon disconnection. But all in all, the tank was off in like 10 minutes.

View attachment 38131
761C5334-142A-4702-9EA5-5D316EEB2D98.jpeg
1182920B-C612-48AC-9A91-753A8C856F74.jpeg

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mine into the shop (27000mi) for valve check. One of the fittings broke. The shop manager was surprised and ordered a dozen. Parts arrive Tuesday. Fitting replace and tank install is all that's left to do.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Which fitting, Andy? Putting the tank back on after this valve check, and we've not been able to get the gray connector/collar to latch on to the fuel pipe elbow. Nothing looks damaged or out of place on the collar, little fingers all there and springy just like the other connector. One thing, it seems the flange (A) has lost some of it's up and down movement, it's not locked up completely, but there's more play in the black connector for sure. Going back thru some of the threads I'm starting to get a sick feeling, here's a copy and paste of a post from Josh a year or so ago:

"I did this once because one of the plastic connectors had been broken by a main dealer and I had to try and get it back on.

I would recommend anyone avoid this if possible, the plastic collar on the connector is utter crap. Fragile and VERY difficult to get off. If you break one of the teeth inside the part labelled 'A' you have to order a whole new fuel cassette for £450+

When I watched a different dealer take the tank off, the plastic collar (A) has to be squeezed/pinched from the side at two specific points. This releases the locking teeth inside the collar and with a fair amount of force, the fuel line can be pulled out.

The problem being, if you don't squeeze in the right place and yank the fuel line out too forcefully, it breaks the connector and you are up shit creek.

Which is exactly what a useless mechanic did to my bike. Then shoved the fuel line back in and hoped I'd never notice... Luckly I didn't end up with petrol all over my legs like some, the fuel line just popped out when I had to go correct the pinched breather pipe, also caused by the clueless mechanic.

BE SUPER CAREFUL removing the fuel lines on this bike. The plastic connectors are utter garbage."

I'm trying not to panic, but oh me. Do you have the details on exactly what broke and is being replaced? Thanks!

Sarah

61 - 80 of 89 Posts