Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sarah, I wasn't there so I don't know the details except the replacement part is around 6 bucks. I've never looked under the tank and now I'm kind of afraid to! The parts come in Tuesday and I should be able to pick it up Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll talk to Michael the shop manager about what broke and how they deal with sticky fittings and if there are any special tools they use.

From the manual: looks like there is only one fuel connection? #14 would be the only thing that could be as cheap as 6 bucks....

upload_2019-4-21_12-11-11.png

·
Registered
244 Posts
What I know from my shop: they remove the hose from the fitting, not the fitting from the fuel pump. They did replace some parts while doing the valve check. So, something broke, but I'm not sure what. Anyway, I've payed this year's Desmo Angels' share and am now ready for some riding.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Greetings all, I'm awaiting the arrival of a Rapid Bike Evo module for my Scrambler. I've read this entire post and the workshop manual and I'm wondering if simply placing some blocks of wood under the tank would give me enough clearance to route all the RB cables etc...I will have a friend helping me, so he could hold the tank while I disconnect the fuel lines but if I can avoid messing with them I'd prefer it.

Also, my understanding is that the two fuel lines, (black, grey), should be connected back the same way? The vent hoses, which I'm not sure where they are...are there two of these? Does it matter which goes back where?

I also think I understand how to remove the fuel lines. Middle and Thumb, press/push flange A into the fuel pump, while index finger gently pushes the hose in the same direction until I hear something un-click. When this happens, keep holding the flange A and pull the hose out.

At this point, should I expect some fuel to be coming out of the tank or are there valves which close once there are no hoses inserted?

This is what the RB installation manual says and it contradicts what some of you have said with regards to disconnecting the fuel pump connector.

Before disconnecting fuel hoses, relieve pressure from the system as follows:
1. Lift and support fuel tank.
2. Disconnect fuel pump connector.
3. Start engine and let it idle until engine stalls.

Thanks.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts