Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by the dealer when I rode my new Scrambler off that the tire pressures are very sensitive. I check the pressures weekly and have noticed a consistent drop in pressure every week from the suggested 38psi to around 33psi - a big drop, but then I'm a bigger rider than most.
I plan on mentioning this to the dealer on my first service visit.

How often do you all check your tire pressures and are there variations from the suggested 38psi on your bikes as well?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello

I check my tyre pressure when I think about it :) and I also noticed that they vary a little.

First thing : you need to check them with the same tool, if not, the difference may come from the measuring tool.
Second thing : the pressure is related to temperature and must be measured when the tyre is cold and the air temperature will also change the measurement. By a fresh day, you'll find a lower pressure.

Last but not least, don't worry about that, re-inflate your tyre regularly, this will imply you check your bike and a check is always good for your security :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think I need to buy the stuff needed to check my tires pressure....so far 4 months and 750 km

what are the tools to measure pressure? thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I keep mine at 36psi and they don't usually alter much unless I've been doing some potholing! Then it's normally the front more than the rear. I check regularly anyway

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's generally suggested not to mess with the psi recommendations, as keeping them at a lower psi can add unnecessary wear onto a tire, and potentially affect the bike's handling over time. The alternative to adjust for comfort would be to adjust the suspension.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had been running 36psi at both ends until my service tech said to run 34psi in the front so I have been since. I check them fairly often depending on where I'm riding to (short ride maybe not, long ride for sure) and everytime I lube the chain. It's aways been pretty consitant within a pound or 2.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I ran the pirelli MT60 tyres at 36psi and found that worked fine. I recently changed to pilot 3 front and rear but 36 was too hard so reduced to 34. All good!:smile-new:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Likewise, my Classic is now on BT30 Evo sports/tourers. Ride and handling so much better than MT60 tyres and running R36/F34.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Owner's manual clearly says 36psi

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ya gotta experiment and try different settings - live dangerously.;-) Someone here recommended 33 psi F & R for a more compliant ride - I'm gonna give it a go.

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was not paying too much attention to my tires until last weekend

front was at 29.5 and back 34
my dealer told me front 36 and back 38 so I set them like that this weekend using the this
2016 NEW Digital LCD Car Tire Tyre Air Pressure Gauge Meter Manometer Barometers Tester Tool For Auto Car Motorcycle-in Pressure & Vacuum Testers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I hope is accurate :)
Hi Kopper,
Suggest you go back through this thread regarding rear tyre pressure. The manual says 2.5 bar (36 PSI) which some find too harsh. I think 38 PSI would have you skating around a bit.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi Kopper,
Suggest you go back through this thread regarding rear tyre pressure. The manual says 2.5 bar (36 PSI) which some find too harsh. I think 38 PSI would have you skating around a bit.
by the way the 400km trip that I did yesterday I had about 6 handlebar wobbles a not really googd expereciende....so wondering if that pressure caused that or that I was riding alone... alone is 70kg my weight and with my brother is 14kg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts