Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a thought about what tyres I want on my Scrambler next and I've even been considering an 17" front wheel to give me more options.

If I were to stay with the original 18" front wheel and went for decent sports touring tyres like the Pirelli Angel GT's, could I go for a different size?

The standard tyre size is 110/80 18 on the 3" wide rim.

Would there be any benefits by using 110/70 18 or even 120/70 18?

I'm interested if anyone has tried a slightly different size?

I'm looking for more performance.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I had a thought about what tyres I want on my Scrambler next and I've even been considering an 17" front wheel to give me more options.

If I were to stay with the original 18" front wheel and went for decent sports touring tyres like the Pirelli Angel GT's, could I go for a different size?

The standard tyre size is 110/80 18 on the 3" wide rim.

Would there be any benefits by using 110/70 18 or even 120/70 18?

I'm interested if anyone has tried a slightly different size?

I'm looking for more performance.

Thanks.
Try this, very little difference between your 110/80 and 120/70. You can overlay different sizes and see whats what.
tyre size comparison - Google Search

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
More performance as in more mileage or more grip? For sport touring use, take a look at the Avon Storm. Is there a particular tire you'd like to try?

Sarah

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More performance as in more mileage or more grip? For sport touring use, take a look at the Avon Storm. Is there a particular tire you'd like to try?

Sarah

Hi there,
I'm looking for good performance in terms of grip and how the tyre performs through corners.
I've been researching and whilst the Pirelli Angel GT tyres are good, they are an old tyre now.
There are much newer tyres available now including:
Bridgestone -T31
Conti - RoadAttack 3
Metzeler - Roadtec 01
Michelin - Pilot Road 4
Dunlop - Roadsmart 3

I'm just wondering how a 120/70 feels on the front compared to the standard 110/80?

Thanks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isn’t that what the 1100 comes with? 120/70-18?

I think so.
The 800 cafe racer uses a 120/70 17 front with the same width between the forks as the icon etc so width wise a 120 should be fine.
I'm sure 120 is ok on a 3" wide rim too.

If I could find a 2nd hand cafe racer 17" front wheel to buy i would.
Maybe I need to get the cafe racer bike instead? Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts