Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what tires some of you like on a Scrambler if one doesn't want to purchase the stock style Pirelli scrambler tires?

Tires that last longer and are ideal for road use instead of off road.

Thanks.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Pirelli Angel GT is a very good choice for road use.

search also for Avon Trail Rider Tires, many good reviews for on/off road.
I will buy a set of this tires when stock tires are worn.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have compiled a list from another post on here...

Angel GT is one of them
Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2's or 3's
Pirelli Scorpion Trail
Michelin Pilot Road 3's

Can the tires be different size than the stock M 60's? Front 110/80/18 and Rear 180/55/17

I'll add Avon Trail Rider to the list Thanks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's wrong with the M60's?
I want to keep my options open in case I need them on a whim, as it happened yesterday when I had to get towed due to a huge cotter pin popping my rear tire. Luckily I had new M60's which are being installed but they are not easy to find so I want more options for next time.

·
Registered
897 Posts
My experience with Pirelli Scorpion Trails on my first Tiger is that they are a horrible tyre. Vague and prone to small front end slides in wet roads. I would not willingly put them on my worst enemies bike let alone one of mine.
Personal experience only of course.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Take a look at the Avon Storms, the nicest handling tire I've ever used, and long wear, too.

Sarah

·
Registered
292 Posts
Tires that last longer and are ideal for road use instead of off road.
The "lasting longer" is apparently certainly a thing with the OE MT60RS, but remember that these *are* road tires, despite the slightly more aggressive look. They were developed from rain racing tires, and the compound of the front tire is exactly the same as in the Diablo Rosso II, while the rear has a bit more silica for extra life.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts