Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd start a thread for totally random stuff, things that happen, imagine happen but really don't, observation and experiences, weird stuff, crazy, funny stuff and cool stuff.

I met the first other live Scrambler owner down at Razee Motorcycle Center in RI. and it was a very cool petite woman and all I could think off was that bike must fly with her light weight on it. (as compared to my fat old ass) (Those silver Icons look good).

I hit 101 mph during rush hour commute which happens frequently and I get a kick out of as I am officially an old guy now (61). It sure makes a 60 mile commute interesting.

My bike is filthy from riding it so much. I like it.

A trip to the local Ducati dealer is fun as they sell 9 different lines and the place is filled with all kinds of charactors and all the dealer people are over the top cool and enthusiastic.

Harley guys crack me up. I had one recently that decided he wanted to intimidate me with his loudness and race me from a stop light. When i passed him he turned his head away and wouldn't look in my direction.

How many other riders, ride the shoulder or lane split in traffic? It's one of the most satisfying things you can do as long as you get away with it.

I'm wondering how much more riding I can get in with autumn and winter approaching.

My girlfriend bought my bike for me for Christmas but is afraid to ride on it with me. She's convinced she's gonna slip off and I won't notice.

I like workin on my Scrambler almost as mush as riding it. My lawn has been a little bit longer then in years past.

Ya ever talk to the people next to you when your stopped at a light.

That's all for tonight....my sleeping pill is kicking in and then I turn into a really big idiot.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wow
I'm worn out now.
Lane splitting - was always a demon for it. Never got booked but got a warning (because I wasn't a smartarse ). Did get a fail to keep left while doing it but it was a one pointer I believe. Again was polite so got off lucky. Anyway it is actually legal now here in Queensland. Funny thing is I do it alot less now....go figure. ..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
764 Posts
Lane splittng, or filtering as we call it has always been legal in the UK (as long as you do it sensibly) but some car drivers just don't like the fact that you can get through the traffic while they are stuck. A few years ago I was riding home from work and as I approached a roundabout (circle) where the traffic was backed up I noticed the car in front move to the centre of the 2 lanes to close the gap. I could see that he was going to be a problem. However at this point the traffic started moving. Once past the roundabout it all came to halt again and as I went to filter between the 2 lanes the same guy moved to the centre to block me but I saw this coming and could see that there was now a large gap between his car and the centre reservation so went for it. The fuckker then tried pin me between his car and the central barrier. Needless to say his window got rapped on very hard and he got a rant from me about him impeding my legal rights and impeding the flow of traffic accompanied by some choice words that I really shouldn't have used. I then nipped past and never saw him again.
That sort of behaviour is fairly common in the UK yet, in continental Europe attitudes to bikes are completely different. Cars see you coming and move over to let you through. It's a delight to ride there.

Reactions: Armo

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm wondering how much more riding I can get in with autumn and winter approaching.

I can't speak for anyone else but I live out near Worcester, MA and I don't even bother winterizing my bike.. I'm always finding weekends here and there To get out for an hour or so over the winter.
Even went for rides on Christmas and New Years day.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've spent more time wrenching on my bike than riding it so far ... I like to get things all set up right first. It's come a long way since I took it home, feels really nice now, so as soon as I get the exhaust hanger problem resolved I'll be out on it a lot.

The weather is cooperating ... it's getting a little cooler now, nicer for riding. :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Helmet law or not, I wear one anyway. ...
Same Here ... I would never consider riding a bicycle or motorcycle without a helmet anymore. For motorcycles, I always rode with a helmet on even before it became a requirement, and started using a helmet on the bicycle when a good friend was almost killed by a head injury.

Others are welcome to their own opinions, but I’m pretty much dedicated to my personal safety. Having a law wouldn’t matter to me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
At Thanksgiving time, I'm thankful for a large brain and a sphincter. I like to protect both.

Just ordered a scissor jack, some bungee cord and chain lube. Guess what I'm doing on the weekend...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ah. So goes my quirky moment of fantasy. :)

Seriously, you should consider a stand of some sort for maintenance work. The Abbas Superbike Stand is the most useful for the Scrambler because it gives you full access to the rear wheel for chain and tire maintenance. One of its available attachments allows the same for the front wheel and forks. It’s one of the safest, steadiest stands I’ve used on any bike and very easy to deploy by yourself.

Be careful!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I work in Marlborough Ma but live 65 miles south. It so far that I have to check 2 weather reports if I wanna talk my bike to work.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I work in Marlborough - - close to Worcester but I live 65 mikes away. It's so far that I have to check the weather in both places if I take the bike to work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's some random. I know it'll get mixed reactions. I bought one that reads vespa motor scooter too. Since I rock the scooter on occasion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ya ever talk to the people next to you when your stopped at a light.
No, never. Between my Schubert C3, NRR 33 foam ear plugs and the sound of the exhaust... There's very little else I can hear. I can't read lips either. Be sure to at minimum give a thumbs up or a wave.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello
That sort of behaviour is fairly common in the UK yet, in continental Europe attitudes to bikes are completely different. Cars see you coming and move over to let you through. It's a delight to ride there.
You're right.

The only place in continental Europe where I've seen a behaviour like what you've described is in Switzerland where lots of car drivers are also "road judges" and decide that you shouldn't go faster than they do in traffic jam.

Here, in France, the large majority of car drivers leave you the way so you can go faster than the average speed of the cars. Just need to be thankful for that.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts