Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made some custom additions to the stock Ducati side racks (more photos in the gallery under same title). Gearing up for a ride from Los Angeles, CA to Vancover B.C. this summer.

Any suggestions for long ride "must haves"??

waiting on parts:
SW Motech crash bars
Evotech short levers and handgaurds

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
nice setup!

I did a 3000 mile ride last summer and a couple things you could consider are......water bladder in your tank bag.......fly screen, or short windscreen.

I didn't have highway pegs, so standing up every now and then helps.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey do you have any pictures of the modifications you did to the OE side racks? I am looking to use the DS for the same things, mine should arrive this weekend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I made some custom additions to the stock Ducati side racks (more photos in the gallery under same title). Gearing up for a ride from Los Angeles, CA to Vancover B.C. this summer.

Any suggestions for long ride "must haves"??

waiting on parts:
SW Motech crash bars
Evotech short levers and handgaurds

Hi,

I used Kriega saddlebag platform for both sides and I use it for a spare petrol can :)

For long trips I use Kriega US_Combo 70 and they do a job, I could pack everything I needed. I was only missing a windshield and I bought after a trip a Touratech one as you can see on the picture. Now, there is no problem to ride a bit faster.
I also used KTM hand guards I had from previous bike but they needed some cutting :)

Next trip - Georgia I hope (country)

I also plan to get SW Motech crash bars and fit on those Givi led fog lights for better visibility. Did anyone tried those on Scrambler?
20180915_135700 (Large).jpg
20180430_113159 (Large).jpg

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi,

I used Kriega saddlebag platform for both sides and I use it for a spare petrol can :)

For long trips I use Kriega US_Combo 70 and they do a job, I could pack everything I needed. I was only missing a windshield and I bought after a trip a Touratech one as you can see on the picture. Now, there is no problem to ride a bit faster.
I also used KTM hand guards I had from previous bike but they needed some cutting :)

Next trip - Georgia I hope (country)

I also plan to get SW Motech crash bars and fit on those Givi led fog lights for better visibility. Did anyone tried those on Scrambler? View attachment 36263 View attachment 36265
Do you have any more photos of the Touratech windscreen?

I have the MRA screen now but want a taller windscreen for touring.

Had anybody else found a good touring windscreen?

·
Registered
25 Posts
After a Dart screen, with is not much more than looks, I mounted a Touratech screen, and still find it too short for me. But I'm 6"4 tall...
Look is very nice.
With my Seat Concepts higher seat, the flow comes up to my throat. Protection is good, but at french speeds, 130 Km/h on highways, and longer trips, there is a strong resistance on my neck.
I had a higher windshield cut for me, but now the air flow comes right into my face, cant ride without gogles, and protection is still not enough.
I just ordered a Touratech windscreen spoiler, will see if it is better.
2017-11-29 00.21.18.jpg

·
Registered
240 Posts

Let me know if you're getting rid of your MRA screen, I've been wanting to give it a try

bill77 can you post close-ups of your luggage situations? I know you said you're using the Kriega brackets - do you mean the oval ones with the holes?

·
Registered
3 Posts

I'm very happy with Touratech windscreen however I'm not tall at all :) There is not much wind but inside my helmet is a bit more noise than recently without windscreen.
20180917_095203 (Large).jpg
20180917_095210 (Large).jpg

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks for the close up photos of the Touratech screen. I know body/torso height really makes a difference and as little as a inch can be an impact.

I'm 5' 9" for reference. So I can see how someone who is over 6' would have a different experience. I have a very good idea of what height I need in relation to my vision line based on other bikes I have. I need to take some measurements in reference to the top of the headlight.

I intend to keep my MRA screen but have a taller/larger one I can swap on for extended rides. I like the size of the MRA for local rides and off-road.

I have an idea to possibly purchase a blank screen of approximately the right size from MadStad (they sell a variety of shapes and you can get them undrilled) and then drill it for the existing MRA mounts at the bottom and add my own extra mounts higher up that will attached to my Barkbuster handguard mounts. I have a Madstad windscreen on my Husky and I plan to pull it off and see how the curve lines up and get some reference measurements. I will probably need to reprofile the bottom edge but that's pretty easy since I'm in the plastics business.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you tried to contact Calsci.com? I don't see one on their website but they are always developing new screens. Since this is Ducati's best selling model they maybe have something in development.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Have you tried to contact Calsci.com? I don't see one on their website but they are always developing new screens. Since this is Ducati's best selling model they maybe have something in development.
Not yet. I tried a Calsci windshield on my Guzzi Stelvio and wasn't too happy with it, ended up sending it back.

But that doesn't mean they might not have one that works well on the Sled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts