Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am currently in Scotland touring, left West Wales on Monday, stayed in Kendal Monday night and did Hardknott pass down to Eskdale, then Ennerdale and am now currently in Ayr. Tomorrow of to Fort William for two days. Also like my comforts, so staying in premiere inn. Was supposed to be three of us doing it but they dropped out and as I'd planned this six months ago I came on my own. But would love to do the NC500. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Would love to do Scotland but live in East Sussex. Don't fancy the ride up there and the train doesn't take motorcycles.
You could make the ride up interesting! My mate who lives in Southport did a 10 day trip on his Triumph Scrambler. He went from Southport to Lands End, then followed the coast north, around Wales to Holyhead, caught the ferry to Dublin then went south to Wexford, then followed the coast of Ireland all the way up the west coast, across Northern Ireland to Belfast, then ferry to Stranraer, then followed the coast of Scotland all the way to John'O'Groats, then back to Southport!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why not do it in stages like I've done, it's a long way to go in one day. Do the Lakes or Pennines for one night then do the lower part of Scotland next day and then go further up the next day. Then on the way back do the same. Ive spent most if my time on A and B roads and it's fantastic. I booked this six months ago when the prices were low, if I wanted to book it now I'd be paying double at Premiere Inn (unless your thinking of camping) Thankfully the weather has been beautiful blue skies so that also helped.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Bloody shame they shut down the ferry from Norway. I'd love to do this trip but 2 extra days to get there and 2 more days to get back means I'm gonna take a trip somewhere else.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why not do the coast road from Brighton to Cornwall, and then tour Cornwall, Devon and Dorset.

Cornwals on my to do list.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I like my home comforts so we have hotels booked in Oban, Kyle of Localsh, Kyle of Tongue, and Braemar.
Each days ride is about 250 miles, so I need a comfy bed, shower, and a full Scottish breakfast!

I'm gonna do that next year. Can you keep us posted about petrol stations as I'm a bit concerned whether to carry a petrol can on the bike in case. Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am just getting my Scrambler ready for a lap of Scotland, next week!
Well how did it go? I'm doing the same route next year and have already booked the rooms. Just a quick question was there enough petrol stations on the north coast? Without having to worry if you've enough fuel between them. I've done the lower part of Scotland and loved it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts