Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 50 year old female and I have a stock 2015 Icon that I am wanting to take on the TAT. We will only be riding one segment of the trail this summer, probably in the central region. What mechanical and comfort changes would need to be made to make this trip possible on a scrambler?

·
Registered
734 Posts
basic maintenance (replace oil/filter, check air filter, check/replace brake fluid depending on millage, adjust cable clutch/throttle, air tire pressue, spark plugs-depend on millage). Comfort?, I will start with seat, rear shock.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A Ducati comfort seat and Rear M shock made a huge difference on my 2015 Icon!
I also fitted a throttle tamer (600 cam) K&N air filter, booster plug and Multistrada foot pegs (wider than scrambler std) and the bike is a joy to ride!

·
Registered
81 Posts
As my wife drives the Full Throttle and me the Desert Sled, and as I have driven several other Duc Scramblers, to be honest, the Desert Sled is the only one which has something like "Enduro genes".

All other Scrambler I have driven do have a "hard-to-the-bone" - Street Suspenion thingy.

Not suitable for crosscountry riding, not at all, any Harley suspension kit would do better.

So, to save your backbone, another rear suspension is a must in my opinion.
And a more comfy saddle would help for the rear end for sure. :acne:

I only know the Öhlins suspension kit, which normally is veeery good, but veeery pricey also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the information. I have back problems and I agree that the suspension and seat are not the best. I'm starting to think that a different bike may be the answer for riding in these conditions.

·
Registered
285 Posts
East to west, I think the Scrambler would do fine (with a better seat) until Colorado. I have a skid plate on mine to keep a stray stone from puncturing the oil filter. Once roads turn into trails, something like a DRZ400 would be a better choice.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Tk 80 Continental tyres .Expensive but I like staying up no matter Slab or Dirt Rain or Shine.Definitely a Skidplate..And better footpegs ...Scrambler ones are Brilliant but anything better than stock.Suspension but wouldn't let it hold you back if you cant afford it.Let tyres down about 5 pounds in Dirt makes a big Difference.Then go have time of your life..Stop a lot, take photos and ENJOY

·
Registered
154 Posts
Onadatta Photos (2).jpg

Please, could anyone tell me about that rear suspension?

Which manufacturer is that?

M Shock out of UK .Got one on my Bike .Like that one knob does both rebound and compression.Winding Roads UK sells Them at a good price .Not sure if you are allowed to get them into USA.Its on the suspension Thread on Here somewhere.SB Ken does a pretty good deal in USA if you but front and back I thought .Hes a Vendor on this Site.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Multistrada pegs, Ohlins rear suspension and a modified seat made my bike much better. Stock MT60 tyres are good enough. Check maintenance intervals and wear of tyres and sprockets/chain to make sure it will last the duration of your trip. I would also buy a plug repair kit with some air capsules in case you have a flat tyre. Many options for luggage.

·
Registered
81 Posts
View attachment 31769

M Shock out of UK .Got one on my Bike .Like that one knob does both rebound and compression.Winding Roads UK sells Them at a good price .Not sure if you are allowed to get them into USA.Its on the suspension Thread on Here somewhere.SB Ken does a pretty good deal in USA if you but front and back I thought .Hes a Vendor on this Site.
Dang!
That´s pretty close, I´m from Germany and have never heard of them.
Unbeatable cheap compared to Öhlins for example, but as good?

Wth, now I have to search around for this...
:angry8:

:blob1:

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts