Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was quite surprised when i picked it up, it was flat pack a very unusual design, The rear opens up like a shopping bag and has Velcro fixing along the back,it's made by Givi,

It fits on the tank with 4 very strong magnets, and has a quick release strap to fit around the headstock, but IMHO it's not really needed,
I put some stuff in the bag to pad it out, but if you only have a small amount inside it just squashes down without any effort.

I'll have to watch out with those strong magnets, don't want my credit cards wiping :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another pic showing the top pocket, oh and the material is rubberised and welded seams and shouldn't ever let in rain, I hope ;)

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I saw one on the Enduro at the DMC Preston open day today.

I have to say it wasn't my thing. Think I'll stick with my Kriegas.

·
Registered
541 Posts
uhm... I don't like the access to the main compartiment. it will be ok as luggage for the night, but it is impossible to use on the way as camera holder or rain equipment, tools.... anything you will need for sure will be in the bottom, and no easy access without unplug it from the tank...the kriega, I got us20, has same problem.... need traditional tankbag "opentop"

Inviato da mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd forgotten to mention, The tank bag doubles as a back pack, just zip it off the magnetic base, Leave the base on the bike and you can take your lunch and stuff with you,
The top compartment is good for your phone ,small camera ,wallet etc etc and it's fully waterproof,

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Very nice Elvisto, thanks for the pictures! Is this your first magnetic tank bag? In case it is, I want to encourage you to keep a close eye on the magnets, they can pick up all sorts of metal trash that will do a number on the paint. A good tank bag is the handiest piece of gear you can have, in my opinion.

Sarah

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that info Sarah, Perhaps that's why they give you a fitted bag to put it in when it's not on the bike :)

·
Registered
764 Posts
I always put a piece of non-slip rubber matting under the tank bag to protect the paint.

Reactions: Tonymoulls

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks, el visto, for the review and the pics. I have the bag on order, I like that the magnets are positioned to avoid the aluminum side panels; but I wish there was a map pocket. Sometimes I use a clean hand towel under magnetic bags to avoid scratches. And I keep my credit cards in my pants.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, el visto, for the review and the pics. I have the bag on order, I like that the magnets are positioned to avoid the aluminum side panels; but I wish there was a map pocket. Sometimes I use a clean hand towel under magnetic bags to avoid scratches. And I keep my credit cards in my pants.
No problem, I too thought it should have a map pocket :) Then I realised I don't use maps anymore :rolleyes:

What with all these cheap Sat Navs whats the point, ;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
No problem, I too thought it should have a map pocket :) Then I realised I don't use maps anymore :rolleyes:

What with all these cheap Sat Navs whats the point, ;)
I know, it's just I like maps too, or probably better. I can see the whole route at a glance, with all turns written out alongside in my own big writing. Or else because my GPS is so often wrong, especially in rural areas. Or else just because I'm old and I like paper.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh dear , Thanks for that, I did think at a later date I may get one of those seats, :( It's going to be much later now :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
No they are pre-production seats. The new ones are not heat welded but are now stitched properly with black and a contrast yellow stitch on the black parts. Look pukka now

I understand that, but thank you for clarification. I knew that the pre-production seats were different, but wanted to make sure that if someone ended up with pre-pro seats, they know that the heat welds could break.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts